SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Missing cat
Philippa Hammond

30-01-2008 09:54 PM

Sad

Our beloved cat, Cosmo, went missing on Monday, around midday and we haven't seen him since. We've put up posters all around our part of FH (Sunderland Road) but to no avail so far.

He is only 10 months old, and never usually strays. He is microchipped and wears a silver reflective collar with a bell and yellow name tag. We are heartbroken and miss him terribly. As you can see from the photo he is black with white socks and a white chest.

If anyone sees him please, please let us know: 07980897377, or take him to the nearest vet or shelter.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
millesens

30-01-2008 10:02 PM

We know your cat very well, he is adorable and playful, our back garden is one of his favourite for chasing squirrels, he normally hides under a couple of old conifer trees to wait and jump at them. I thought I saw him yesterday. We will definitely keep our eyes open now; hopefully he will turn up.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oryx

30-01-2008 11:04 PM

Put posters up in a wider area if he doesn't come back soon. Also, it is worth putting an ad in the local paper.

My cat went missing last year & didn't make it home Sad but if I'd cast the net a bit wider (I only put posters around the HOP area & he was found in FH) someone might have seen him in time.

Good luck - I hope he comes home soon.

noplacelikehome

31-01-2008 09:37 AM

Came across this press release from the RSPCA and hope it's not your moggy. ..

-------------------------------------------------------------

THE RSPCA is appealing for information in a bid to trace the owner of a cat which is thought to have travelled from London to Devon hidden in the back of a lorry.
The black and white domestic short-haired female cat was discovered in the back of a haulage lorry when it stopped at a yard in Okehampton in Devon on 15 January.
The lorry which originated in Denmark, had previously stopped at a
council refuse area in Southwark, London and it is believed that is when the cat probably jumped on board as it was not there during previous checks.
The cat, thought to be about six years old, which was in good condition was collected by the RSPCA and taken to North Park Vets, in North Tawton.
RSPCA animal collection officer, Felicity Cross, who was tasked to
collect the cat and take it to a local vets, said; "This cat has either
jumped on the lorry in London or Okehampton but because it was not
microchipped we do not know who it belongs to. Hopefully somebody will recognise it though and get it touch so we can reunite them with their pet."
Anyone who recognises this cat is asked to contact the RSPCA cruelty and information line on 0300 1234 999.

Klare Kennett
RSPCA South East Senior Regional Press Officer
Wilberforce Way
Southwater
Horsham
West Sussex
RH139RS
Tel: 0300 123 0298 or 07715540315 (mobile).
Fax 0303 123 0298

Philippa Hammond

31-01-2008 09:47 AM

noplacelikehome wrote:
Came across this press release from the RSPCA and hope it's not your moggy. ..

Thanks for the info - it can't be ours though - Cosmo is a neutered male and only 10 months old. He went missing on 28th January - I wish we could know he was safe like this one though Sad

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mandy_playbox

31-01-2008 10:12 AM

Have you looked in the alley behind Sunderland Road (the A205 bit)?
That's where my cats always play and it's not too far from your place. There's a lock-up there too and both my cats have wandered in there while the door was open, only to end up locked inside. I had to get the fire service to rescue one of them because I have no idea who owns it.

Philippa Hammond

31-01-2008 11:13 AM

mandy_playbox wrote:
Have you looked in the alley behind Sunderland Road (the A205 bit)?
That's where my cats always play and it's not too far from your place. There's a lock-up there too and both my cats have wandered in there while the door was open, only to end up locked inside. I had to get the fire service to rescue one of them because I have no idea who owns it.

That's great advice thanks - is that the alleyway directly behind the furniture store on the corner? We've looked around there several times but there are so many garages and sheds there, and we've called his name plenty of times but can't hear any response

grahamw

31-01-2008 12:59 PM

I really hope you find him - good luck

Ghis

31-01-2008 01:00 PM

Another cat lover here. (We have two Maine Coons)

I hope you get him back home soon. We will keep an eye in case we see him.

bigbadwolf

31-01-2008 01:07 PM

Has he still got the green fish on his collar, haven't found him but it would help single him out. Good luck.

Philippa Hammond

31-01-2008 01:12 PM

bigbadwolf wrote:
Has he still got the green fish on his collar, haven't found him but it would help single him out. Good luck.

I hope so, but his collar is a safety collar, so it's possible that it has come off in the last 4 days Sad

Philippa Hammond

02-02-2008 08:00 PM

Wow Laugh Thumbsup

He returned! Thanks for all of the messages of support - miracles really do happen!!

Tersie

03-02-2008 02:38 AM

Philippa Hammond wrote:
Wow Laugh Thumbsup

He returned! Thanks for all of the messages of support - miracles really do happen!!

Thats great news!! Hopefully he will not go astray again.

Ghis

03-02-2008 11:38 AM

Great news! Smile

Dotcom

03-02-2008 11:24 PM

Chuffed for you he's back. Aaaah! I love a happy ending. Smile

grahamw

04-02-2008 12:40 PM

That's brilliant!! Thumbsup