SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dalmain & Stillness
smudge74

14-04-2011 12:40 PM

Hello
Can anyone help with the following:
1. Which secondary schools are fed by Dalmain Primary?
2. Which secondary schools are fed by Stillness Junior?
My daughter has been offered a place at Dalmain. We are really happy with the school as it seems so nuturing. We do have the opportunity to put her on the waiting list for Stillness and are still considering... this info would help us a with our decision.
Many thanks!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherwood

14-04-2011 12:43 PM

They are not feeder schools. I think the opportunities for secondary school places would be the same.

rmurraywest

14-04-2011 12:56 PM

The secondary school opportunities depend on where you live and various other admission criteria, but should have nothing to do with which primary you attend.

Otherwise, they are both excellent schools. My daughter is in the Dalmain preschool and will go onto Reception there. We are very happy with the ethos and teaching, and she has made some very nice friends already!

movingsouth

15-04-2011 09:41 AM

just wanted to add my impression on Dalmain
I went to visit the school a few weeks ago and I was taken for a tour by 2 students from the last year. These two little girls were fantastic, they were so obviously proud and happy to show me around, they knew exactly what was going on in each class from reception onward, they had comments about each individual piece of work on show on the hallway.
We also went to the music room and they show me all the instruments with confidence. I was very very impressed and I will be a very proud mum if they were my daughters !
The teachers and stuff were lovely and very attentive, I would be happy for a place there!

movingsouth

15-04-2011 09:47 AM

I also went to Stillness and was lucky enough to me a few mums around Honor Oak on the way to school or after. I must say that they were very positive to and ever so kind and friendly, children showing their budges and schools bag. Only thing stood out for me is the lack of as much as creative activities comparing to Dalmain (in the words of a few mums) and more emphasis on academics, which is not bad in itself. No one had a bad word but mention headteacher (for the junior school) can be a bit odd at times, whatever that means! :-) Again the feeling of a very good school

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields