SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
Dog mess
Betrel

04-06-2009 05:57 PM

Actually I've never lived in a place where there's been as much dog poo as Forest Hill, it really is disgusting, depressing etc all roled into one. I've seen parents with prams rolling through it, a visually impaired lady rub her white stick through it (not pleasant to think about- imagine how she must have felt!) I was on the bus and felt so frustrated I couldn't stop her, and not to mention all the unfortunate people who must tred in it on a daily basis. It's just so unhygenic and shows a real lack of respect for communial public spaces
I know there was a local consultation about this some months back, but does anyone know what happened with the results? I think there should be a real push by the council to address this.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oryx

05-06-2009 10:30 PM

The council seem to stand by their mode of thinking that the pavement stencils are an adequate deterrent. I'd like to see more enforcement, and enforcement notices.

I know the problem is created by irresponsible (maybe that's too nice a word but hey, this is a nice polite website!!) owners, not the council, and I know they can't change things overnight, but a few notices about penalties and their enforcement can't be any less effective than the Banksy-style stencils.

The whole problem of irresponsible dog ownership goes wider than just fouling, though. Maybe one part of the solution would be to increase the number of dog wardens (across the country, not just Lewisham) and really tackle the issue as people are being hurt/intimidated, and then the poor dog, who has probably endured a lifetime of abuse, gets put down.

Snazy

07-06-2009 05:57 PM

As a dog owner I have to say I am disgusted with the increase in the amount of dog poo on the pavements. With 2 big dogs, we still manage to clean up after them, its not hard, and if you cant do it, dont buy/get a dog.

Uncalled for and very unpleasent.

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields