SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 Next > Last »
Who Do You Love in Lewisham?
michael

14-02-2008 03:57 PM

Today seems the perfect day to remind you to submit your favourite business in Lewisham to Who do you Love?
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/Business/Town...ouLove.htm

It takes less than 2 minutes to complete and helps to promote and support your favourite business in Forest Hill.

And don't forgot to ask your loved ones to vote for their favourites too.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wayfarer

14-02-2008 04:03 PM

Thank you for the reminder, however I don't seem to be able to find a nominations list, am I missing something?

Scorpion

14-02-2008 04:11 PM

There is no list, you just vote for who you think is the best INDEPENDENT business in Lewisham, on this form
http://www2.lewisham.gov.uk/lbl/business...oulove.asp
Thumbup

Personally I (my family and I) are voting for For Your Eyes Only because we feel they deserve it, as an Independent shop who definitely saw off the local competition, over a few years, with friendliness, product content, knowledge, consistency and much more.
I mentioned them in the past, on this forum and am pleased to see how others have too.
Good luck to them, especially, but also to others who get nominated.

wayfarer wrote:
Thank you for the reminder, however I don't seem to be able to find a nominations list, am I missing something?

nevermodern

14-02-2008 04:30 PM

As if anybody needed goading Wink

nevermodern

14-02-2008 04:31 PM

Ignore that comment... i'm half asleep.

Scorpion

14-02-2008 04:58 PM

LOL at goading
Seriously though, myself (and my kids) don't use the local restaurants or pubs ( no, I don't have a life!) but on very rare occasions have some takeaways and although we love food lol & I could maybe suggest some other local Independent shops (mainly grocery stores etc) I really feel that, for value for money, customer handling etc. and content, in general, for all pockets (wallets and purses) FYEO shine.
We (Forest Hill) had Apollo open and close not too long after (why? prob cos they were c**p at customer service) and also Blockbuster - ahem, not much better - so I have heard, from others, as I NEVER went in either of them, sorry but this local, personal shop has always been soooooooo much better! Wink
Long may they prosper!

Sue

(mother of kids who DO play games and watch movies etc but one who never leaves them home alone for hours while she frequents the local Hostelries Sneaky LOL tongue in cheek)

nevermodern

14-02-2008 05:06 PM

They've certainly done wonders to see off the competition and should get a gold star for that. I'm afraid i tend to rent online these days cos of choice and cost, but FYIO always seem to get good feeback Smile Although, I suppose it's a bit hypocritical of me to want them to remain in business but not use them...

Woken up a bit now Smile

nevermodern

14-02-2008 05:08 PM

That should've been FYEO.

Obviously not *fully* awake yet Smile

michael

09-04-2008 06:09 PM

The results have been announced and terrific news for SE23 and Honor Oak. The winner of the Who do you love award is Barbaros Unisex Hair Salon, Honor Oak.
Congratulations to another successful business in SE23.

Second: Kirkdale Bookshop, Sydenham
Third: The Broca Coffee Shop, Brockley
Fourth: Sapporo Ichiban, Catford
Fifth: The Circle Podiatry, Lewisham

Another Forest Hill winner announced at the same time is:
Welcome to Lewisham: Horniman Museum, Forest Hill
This Award is for the business that has done the most to attract visitors to Lewisham. Nominations included not only established visitor and tourist attractions such as museums and galleries but also guest houses, bed and breakfasts, hotels, restaurants and caf?s.

The Horniman Museum was established in 1901 and achieved industry recognition with a Silver Award for Visitor Attraction at the 2007 Visit London Awards. The Museum demonstrated a significant degree of success in attracting visitors which in 2006/07 exceeded 600,000.

The overall winner was Royal Gurkha Restaurant in Downham
The Royal Gurkha Restaurant was chosen as overall winner because it exemplified the very essence of the Business Awards. The Restaurant?s diligent application in turning the business around, and the success it now enjoys as one of the more recognised eateries in the borough, is testimony to the contribution that local business make to the borough. As a previous winner in the 2006 ?Who Do You Love?? category, the Royal Gurkha Restaurant did not rest on its laurels but continued to develop the business.

shzl400

09-04-2008 07:59 PM

michael wrote:
The results have been announced and terrific news for SE23 and Honor Oak. The winner of the Who do you love award is Barbaros Unisex Hair Salon, Honor Oak.
Congratulations to another successful business in SE23.

What a great result for Rah and her staff!! Congratulations to them all. It just shows what can be done by a small business with hard work. All my family are regular customers and hope to continue to be so for many years, because we love the friendly service. P.S. I did vote for them as well.

michael

10-04-2008 12:02 PM

Full details of the awards can be found at http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/Business/BusinessAwards/

michael

27-01-2009 08:56 PM

Another year, another chance to vote for your favourite business. Last year the Honor Oak business Barbardos won the award for favourite independent local business, let's see if we can keep up the recognition of SE23.

You can vote at http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/Business/Town...oDoYouLove

shzl400

28-01-2009 01:35 PM

Voted!

Rah at Barbaros thanks all her customers (and their friends, relatives, neighbours, etc. etc.) for voting for her last year is encouraging everyone to vote for her again this year.

P.S. If you vote, you can get into a draw for a ?25 voucher redeemable at your nominee.

P.P.S. this competition seems to be being organised, at least in part by Julie Sutch - now we know what our alleged Town Centre Manager does all day!

Ghis

11-02-2009 10:53 AM
essjaygee

11-02-2009 12:12 PM

Done! Thanks!

Bonnie Blue

11-02-2009 02:58 PM

Jelly Bean Definitleydon't know any of the restaurants - don't eat out really

Bonnie Blue

11-02-2009 03:04 PM

VotedThumbsup

Tersie

11-02-2009 08:49 PM

Do you mean Jumping Bean in Honor Oak Park? That is exactly who I have voted for Smile - I think they are fantastic for the area, selling some really gorgous gifts / cards and items for kids and home. To get similiar goods you have to go to the more costly shops in East Dulwich or up to the west end, so the value overall is great when you need that last minute gift or card. I know the whole of Honor Oak Park have been hit by the rent rises too so it is great to see such a lovely shop still hangin on in there. Long may they last!!

Bonnie Blue

11-02-2009 09:42 PM

Whoops!!!!!!!!!!
i did mean Jumping bean and i think I said Jelly Bean on the seb siteBlush

SophieBee

02-04-2009 10:37 AM

I've just seen that the 2009 results were announced last month. Sadly no SE23 winner, but Barbaros came a close third this year so congrats to them:
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/NewsAndEvents...urters.htm

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free workshop on self-love and attracting love. FHSoc 0 2,750 10-02-2014 01:25 PM
Last Post: FHSoc