SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Vermin on rampage again
oryx

29-03-2011 09:55 PM

I am constantly astounded at the number of people who have fallen hook, line and sinker for the coalition's line about the 'mess Labour left us in'.

Like it wasn't an global financial crisis.

The mess they left in Ireland, Iceland, the USA, Portugal, Spain, Greece etc was terrible! Oh, hang on a minute, the British Labour Party were never in power there..............

(I'm not a party member or anything, just fed up of the way the so-called 'mess left by Labour' is being used to justify the rape and pillage of the public sector.)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherwood

30-03-2011 07:23 AM

Under Labour the percentage of public sector expenditure increased from 40% of GDP to 52%.

This worked while we had banks producing large profirs and paying high taxes. But when they collapsed, who pays for this now?

Actually, the government is still borrowing to pay for its expenditure.

andrewr

30-03-2011 11:13 AM

I seem to remember a certain previous Chancellor who assured us that he had put an end to boom and bust thanks to his careful supervision of the economy. Doesn't look too careful anymore.

Sherwood

30-03-2011 12:50 PM

Do you mean the "Prudent Chancellor" who said "No more Tory Boom or Bust!"?

ForestHillier

30-03-2011 01:20 PM

Well I dont think he could have predicted that thee would a worldwide recession or that major banks would collapse, then again, this seems to happen every few years, we boom, then bust, wish someone could come up with a plan to stop this

brian

30-03-2011 03:18 PM

The previous government might not be responsible for 100% of the problem but their rampant spending is the main problem. One out of every four pounds is being borrowed.

Mr Micawber should have been Chancellor.

derbybill

30-03-2011 07:24 PM

Sassy said (28th March: "Those that caused the trouble were nowhere near the main group, because they had no interest in cuts in government spending, they were there to cause as much mayhem as possible. Most of them came via Eurostar from all over Europe, not network rail - that tells you something."

I guess you must know that Eurostar is not exactly a cheap way to cross the channel. Do you have any hard evidence? Were they waving their return tickets?

If you have any serious evidence of this then you have a duty to report it to the Met Police who I am sure will be very interested. I just don't think it's true, sorry.

Sherwood

31-03-2011 07:56 AM

Some years ago when the police kettled demonstrators at Oxford Circus several of them waved airline tickets at police shouting "You have to let us go. We have a plane to catch."

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields