SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Getting lost
baggydave

31-01-2008 11:01 PM

I jumped on the 17.45 from London Bridge and found myself at South Bermondsey. No Millwall match tonight, so wasn't roughed up. Have any other readers found themselves in a strange part of London by mistake? I hadn't even been drinking. I blame it on the movement of the annoucement boards to the side (or whatever they are called).

BD - always willing to share a new experience

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
millesens

31-01-2008 11:44 PM

Yes, indeed, yesterday boarded a train from Charing Cross with the intention of changing at London Bridge. After Waterloo East however the announcement said ?next stop, Tonbridge". Gosh how embarrassing! Shushhhh?. don?t tell anybody. I am becoming a recurring offender of international fame. Only a few weeks ago I took a train from Genoa?s town centre to go to my father?s house only two stops away and ended up in Alessandria, a town in a different region, an hour away. Serves me right for not checking and assuming trains are stopping where I need them too. In the meantime I can?t blame it on a state of inebriation or announcement boards unfortunately.

ohyeahkitten

01-02-2008 12:22 PM

I've been tricked into getting off at the HOP on the way home from London Bridge by the announcement that says the next station is FH when indeed, the next station is the HOP. The scary part was I walked up the steps before I even realized I was at the wrong station. No drink here either.

Ghis

01-02-2008 12:26 PM

Ended up in Lee after taking a train at Charing Cross which did not stop at London Bridge. I am glad to say I did not repeat that mistake. I shake my fist in anger at that person who told me, "all trains from Charing Cross stop at London Bridge".

Cellar Door

01-02-2008 01:18 PM

These tales of getting lost reminds me of this scene from the Channel 4 series Spaced.

Tim: Where are you?
Mike: Err, Sheffield.
Tim: What are you doing in Sheffield?
Mike: Fell asleep on the tube.
Tim: The tube doesn't go to Sheffield, Mike.
Mike: Yeah, I know. I, um, must have changed at King's Cross.

Perryman

01-02-2008 08:04 PM

Sevenoaks is my record.

simonj

02-02-2008 07:26 PM

Missed Streatham Hill the other day and ended up in this place called Balham - very strangeBlink

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields