SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lewisham People Before Profit hold local meeting
roz

10-03-2011 08:51 PM

Admirable stuff but do you not think that if Sir Steve wasn;t forced to make these cuts he wouldn't be. And also the Councillors probably have enough brains between them to produce and alternative strategy if they thought one existed. I work in another local authority where the cuts are particularly excessive due to it being deprived and in receipt of a higher proportion of grants which have been cut. No councillors are finding this easy, not even the Conservative ones. I have it on good authority that Tory Councillors in Lewisham are also expressing their discontent with the situation to David Cameron. I therefore think that the centre of your discontent should be Downing Street not Catford Town Hall.

Local authorities can only build homes through housing associations with central government grants so not sure how a Council could do this unilaterally.

I admire things like this but sometimes think that the protest needs to directed more at the organ grinders.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Lewisham People Before Profit hold local meeting - roz - 10-03-2011 08:51 PM