SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dropped kerb enforcement - Lewisham
ehegarty

08-03-2011 11:01 PM

I don't see why I should have to pay a levy because there is a dropped kerb leading from my road onto drive and garage. I pay more council tax than people in housing without a driveway/terraced housing/flats. Those people who choose to live a fair distance from the station, or out of the area (Bromley, etc) pay less money for equivalent housing, so should be prepared to pay for the convenience of driving that little bit further nearer to work, by using car parks; the same way as I expect to pay if I want the convenience of driving to W1 to be nearer to work.
I have put notices up in the past saying we needed 24 hr access to the driveway, and it was ignored. We had a clearout at one time, and had a skip on the drive. When it was full, the day the skip lorry was due to collect it, people were still parking on front of the drive. I had to go and ask them not to park there as it was being collected. One guy said 'Oh I'm only going to be 20 mins'. I told him if the skip lorry arrived I would call the police. He got quite abusive and said the police would take an hour to f**ing turn up...

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Dropped kerb enforcement - Lewisham - ehegarty - 08-03-2011 11:01 PM