SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dropped kerb enforcement - Lewisham
michael

08-03-2011 09:46 AM

http://www.penaltychargenotice.co.uk/par...n-code-27/

Quote:
The legislation which allows local authorities to issue Penalty Charge Notices to vehicles parked across kerbs is the Traffic Management Act 2004 and the London Local Authorities and Transport Act 2003. Parking across certain dropped kerbs is also contrary to Highway Code rule 243 which states:

DO NOT stop or park:
• where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles;
• in front of an entrance to a property.

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/core.nsf/a/p...oppedkerbs

Quote:
Operational guidance issued by the Department for Transport (DfT) suggests that authorities should not take enforcement action where a vehicle is parked outside residential premises unless the occupier has asked the enforcement authority to do so. Newcastle Parking Services will issue a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) at the request of the resident where a vehicle is parked at a dropped kerb and is blocking access to the driveway of the premises.

I would hope that Lewisham have a similar policy. If the council are unwilling to take action I suggest that you and a neighbour park so close to prevent the offending car from moving, and make it clear that this will happen every time they park illegally across your driveway.

But you should also consider this in the grand scheme of things; 50 metres is not that far from your house on the odd occasion, and many of my neighbours would love to be able to park that close to their house.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Dropped kerb enforcement - Lewisham - michael - 08-03-2011 09:46 AM