SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Time Out: Honor Oak Park
lillam

31-01-2008 11:29 PM

michael wrote:
Consume - Homes - Streets of London - Honor Oak Park, SE23;
With talk of a new bakery and the East London Line on its way, could Timothy Spall's old manor be on the up? Jessica Cargill-Thompson scales the Hornimans to find out.

Like its neighbours Nunhead and Forest Hill, Honor Oak is often talked of locally as 'up and coming'.

Its Mediterranean deli displays adverts for a gazebo maker, private drum tuition and a local art and crafts open day.

Meanwhile, contributors to online discussion forum se23.com (any area with aspirations must have one) talk excitedly about the opening of a new bread shop, where to find the best doctor's practice, and the local Italian restaurant making it into Hardens.

Thumbdown
I wish people like Jessica Cargill-Thompson would get a real job - if articles like this mean people like her move here it will be time to get out fast.

Above all I resent the idea that some trend-spotting, property-price increasing hack views a community forum as some kind of badge of aspiration -as if SE23.com is some yuppie-talkshop.Cursing

...Im starting to dread this tube extension - do we really want Canary Wharf drones mainlined into our neigbourhood? I think we might be better off without them. (being able to get a tube up to crystal palace will be good though)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Time Out: Honor Oak Park - nevermodern - 30-01-2008, 09:29 PM
RE: Time Out: Honor Oak Park - michael - 31-01-2008, 12:38 AM
RE: Time Out: Honor Oak Park - lillam - 31-01-2008 11:29 PM
RE: Time Out: Honor Oak Park - Ghis - 31-01-2008, 10:25 AM
RE: Time Out: Honor Oak Park - hopper - 31-01-2008, 07:29 PM
RE: Time Out: Honor Oak Park - nevermodern - 31-01-2008, 10:15 PM
RE: Time Out: Honor Oak Park - baggydave - 31-01-2008, 11:58 PM