SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Referendum on the Alternative Vote
roz

05-05-2011 09:49 PM

This referendum should never have happened. Electoral reform is a great idea but we have been presented with one option only and I for one have no idea why its been this one. In my office today so many people were discussing what they were they were going to do and it seemed as if they like me had too many questions that remained unanswered. We really needed a lot more debate and discussion on this. What would have been good would have been a general consensus on electoral reform, then leaving the detail up to parliament to decide. The decision to go for AV relies on people having to technically appraise two systems and to make a decision between them. I do not have time to read through all the arguments for and against so I have taken the honest decision not to vote at all. If I had voted today I would have had to toss a coin as to which way I was going to vote. Thats not worth a trip to polling station.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Referendum on the Alternative Vote - roz - 05-05-2011 09:49 PM