SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Referendum on the Alternative Vote
michael

04-05-2011 09:26 AM

Well I think we exhausted the debate here and moved on to the existentialist discussion on how we could better spend money that we don't have. To put it into context £80m is very little when compared to the £6bn of cuts currently in place to reduce our £156bn budget deficit. One referendum in 30 years seems reasonable for democracy. Either way we have a vote tomorrow so the most important thing, as always, is to go out and vote.

I shall be voting 'Yes' to a fairer system of votes. A system supported by all of Lewisham's MPs Jim Dowd, Joan Ruddock, and Heidi Alexander (http://labouryes.org.uk/why-vote-yes/lab...endorsers/), although it is opposed by Steve Bullock - who is the only one currently elected using a form of AV.

Robin, I think you are a bit quick with the post-election analysis. Whichever way the vote goes I think the wider ramifications will be most interesting. But the vote really should not be about upsetting Cameron or Clegg, it should be about the right voting system for Britain.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Referendum on the Alternative Vote - michael - 04-05-2011 09:26 AM