SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Referendum on the Alternative Vote
Baboonery

15-04-2011 02:46 PM

Michael,
Indeed it isn't, it's just a shame that the system we're being offered is less democratic, being as it is a partisan fraud based on lies and smears.

Robin
I think your use of inverted commas is childish and rude.

I also notice the Yes camp has finally admitted its lie on its website and corrected its text to 'aim to get 50% of the vote'. But not 'aim to get 50% of the vote when some people get nine votes', which would be less clangingly dishonest. Also, people 'aim to' get 50% of the vote under FPTP. In my experience they generally 'aim to' get 100% of the vote. It's a completely worthless and dishonest statement.

And they considered the BNP argument, and the laughable 'make your MP work harder' smears important enough to be the topics of their last two campaign videos. They think they're major advantages to the system, clearly.

The AV campaign is built on lies and smears and is a massive retrograde step in democracy that will make pandering to the BNP a national sport (as a fan of Tebbitt, that probably won't worry you, but it worries me). It must be opposed.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Referendum on the Alternative Vote - Baboonery - 15-04-2011 02:46 PM