SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where does se23 like to go on holiday?
bigbadwolf

29-01-2008 06:47 PM

Has anyone had a favourite holiday or destination that they wan't to share, or perhaps some recommendations for the future along with some advice. My last holiday was in Turkey and I strongly recommend it, well Antalia and Lydia that is. Long live Raki.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shzl400

29-01-2008 09:03 PM

I'd definitely agree with bigbadwolf's recommendation of the south coast of Turkey - we went there on our honeymoon on a Gulet - wooden traditional boat - check it out! - which also meant that we got to see quite a length of the coast. Kalkan, Kas (pronounced Cash) and Fethiye are recommended.

We're off skiing at half term (bread and water for the rest of the year!) and this time we've picked Chamonix - not been there before. However, if anyone else wants to mortgage their souls, I'd recommend St. Anton in Austria. If your skiing is up to it, ski over to St. Christoph and try out the slide down to the loos. Invariably, mountain restaurants have their loos in the basement and walking down stairs in ski boots is not an elegant exercise. The slide makes it sooo much easier - and fun!

Johnc

30-01-2008 09:17 AM

Went to Namibia in September last year. If you like rugged desert scenery and unspoilt game parks then its the place for you. The country itself is about a third as big again as the UK but only has 2 million people, and you can drive for hours without seeing a soul. Places like the Fish river canyon are spectacular. This almost rivals the Grand canyon but we (7 of us on the tour) were the only people there. Quite pricey but one of my best trips. I tried to upload a couple of pics but my JPEG's are a bit to big.

michael

30-01-2008 09:56 AM

See my comments from a previous thread, now archived. http://www.se23.com/forum-archive/messag.../1009.html
But to summarise: SCOTLAND

Snazy

30-01-2008 10:37 AM

Just got back from the Dominican Republic, was meant to be a winter holiday but ended up as winter sun.
Florida in about 4 months time, and hoping to sneek off to Canada or maybe just Europe for the last of the snow for the season Smile

No other plans yet haha

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields