SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Message For Any Chelsea Fans In SE23
spartan army

17-02-2011 06:12 PM

Thanks for the interesting workings of a Chelsea fan mangohead

It would be great if you could clear up a few points though

You say supporting a club has NOTHING to do with where you are raised or have lived but more to do with having an affinity to a club. Without knowing where you are from (not important as you say) I am intrigued by what affinity you have with chelsea. Could it be that you like the colour blue? – if so Millwall also play in blue. Or do you like the noble idea of success gained through spending other peoples ill-gotten gains? It can’t be just for the glory as United have the hold on that in recent times. It can’t be for the pretty football as unless we are talking the late sixties then there have always been teams that have played the beautiful game more beautifully (even with Zola). It can’t be because they are in London as as you said it’s not about where you have lived or were raised. Maybe it’s because (and you alluded to it yourself) it’s the way they have betrayed their original working class support. Maybe its Frank Lampards thighs? Either way, each to their own I suppose – just intrigued.

Be careful of dismissing supporting the local team though as there really is nothing like it. Remember most Paris Saint-Germain supporters live in Paris, most Newcastle supporters live in Newcastle, most Torquay supporters live in Torquay (I think you get the picture). Without local supporters there would be NO great game.

I am most puzzled though by the match day experience of a Chelsea fan though. If I get this right you can be found at local train stations and if it is an away game you will also be eating lunch – is this a packed lunch or something more extravagant – soup perhaps. What about evening matches – can you eat lunch in the evenings – surely that will be supper.

My usual matchday experience involves congregating in the stand and cheering the team on - maybe I have been missing something all these years.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Message For Any Chelsea Fans In SE23 - spartan army - 17-02-2011 06:12 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SE23 Palace fans Shiro 3 4,375 05-10-2015 12:54 PM
Last Post: ForestHillier