SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sad Loss for Forest Hill
Julia Channon

28-01-2011 11:22 AM

With sadness I would like to let the people of Forest Hill and Honor Oak know that Michal Davey, The Chairman of The Forest Hill Traders Association, passed away last month. The Funeral will be held on Tuesday 1st February 3pm at Elmer’s End Crematorium.

It is a great loss for Forest Hill, Michal and June have done so much for our little community over the years. The great success of the Forest Hill Day and the Christmas Events every year, are just a couple that spring to mind. Our thoughts are with June and the Family at this present time.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thistleblower

28-01-2011 08:16 PM

Thank you for passing this on. I particularly remember Michaels enthusiasm for Forest Hill Day just a few years ago....the year of the power cut....and against all odds the event went ahead, with a huge turn out. He will be sadly missed.

blushingsnail

28-01-2011 08:19 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that. I met June and Michael briefly at some local events and they were such an unassuming couple that I don't think many people are aware of the work they were doing for Forest Hill. I certainly didn't know who organised FH events until I became involved in local issues a couple of years ago, so I greatly appreciate their hard work.

BakingMummy

28-01-2011 08:25 PM

A very sad loss indeed.

I am a member of the Forest Hill Traders Association myself and both
Michael and June are very dedicated to their work and a lovely couple.

Aside the brilliant Forest Hill Day and others events - June also discussed revamping SE23 with a monthly outdoor craft market, which was scheduled to pilot from March.

roz

28-01-2011 10:36 PM

I second the sentiments of loss. I knew Michael when he worked for the electrical shop in Perry Vale and through the old Forest Hill Steering Group meetings that took place many years ago. June and he did a lot for the community that often went unrecognised. Forest Hill Day was largely down to them and their impeccable organisation.

Thoughts are with June and the rest of the family.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Talk Talk loss of service - Forest Hill exchange London, SE23 samuelsen 5 5,785 16-11-2018 12:35 PM
Last Post: samuelsen