SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Anyone dieting or considering dieting for 2008?
Applespider

25-01-2008 05:00 PM

I've lost over 2 stone in the last 12 months with another 1/2 stone to go.

But I'm doing it the old fashioned way; being slightly careful about what I'm eating and the size of portions but doing a heck of a lot more exercise.

Eating-wise, I now ask myself whether I really want what I'm eating or whether I'm having it for the sake of it (especially when cakes/chocs are going round at work). I'm eating more though; making sure I eat breakfast, having a snack midmorning and mid afternoon so I don't feel remotely starved. And if I really want a Chinese takeaway or some rhubarb crumble with icecream - I ask myself the question and if the answer is 'yes', I have it and enjoy it.

Exercise - I run 2-3 times a week or go to the gym. And I go to a Body Pump class on a weekly basis (or twice a week) which is weight training. I don't spend more than an hour in the gym when I go and since I go to one near work, it actually makes the commute better since the trains are quieter when I come out.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Anyone dieting or considering dieting for 2008? - Applespider - 25-01-2008 05:00 PM