SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Anyone dieting or considering dieting for 2008?
Snazy

25-01-2008 12:43 PM

Just thought I would ask the question, as I have just completed an epic weight loss program, and am now just starting a fresh 5 stone lighter Smile

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghis

25-01-2008 12:55 PM

Wow well done. How did you achieve this?

Snazy

25-01-2008 01:00 PM

Ghis wrote:
Wow well done. How did you achieve this?

Thank you Smile

It was an abstainance based diet, which gives you meal replacements instead.
Body goes into Ketosis, and burns its fat reserves.
Some frown on it, and say you will get ill, side effects, loose skin etc..
But after the 8 weeks of abstainance, my fingers have not fallen off, my skin is the same colour, im not toxic, not ill, and feel 1000 times better. So goes to show critics can be wrong.

3 weeks on, the weight loss continues, slowly of course, and im at my goal now.

Main loss was 4stone 4lbs in 8 weeks. The remainder was in the following 3 weeks, inc a week in the Caribbean.

The before and after pictures are a bit of a shock even to me haha

bigbadwolf

25-01-2008 01:05 PM

Well done and hope you enjoyed your holiday, but while you were away did you still have a sneaky peek on this forunThumbsupThumbsup

Johnc

25-01-2008 01:15 PM

The only way I would be able to lose that much would be by having both my legs removed. Sadly, although I admit I'm a tad on the portly side, food and the consumption thereof of copious quantities is one of my main pleasures!!

Snazy

25-01-2008 01:41 PM

Johnc wrote:
The only way I would be able to lose that much would be by having both my legs removed. Sadly, although I admit I'm a tad on the portly side, food and the consumption thereof of copious quantities is one of my main pleasures!!

Totally understand where you are coming from. I was too a food lover, but over time I have realised that my health was being affected by my love of food Sad

I found the diet almost a life changing experience, as wierd as that might sound. My outlook on food and intake is very different now, thankfully.

Applespider

25-01-2008 04:00 PM

I've lost over 2 stone in the last 12 months with another 1/2 stone to go.

But I'm doing it the old fashioned way; being slightly careful about what I'm eating and the size of portions but doing a heck of a lot more exercise.

Eating-wise, I now ask myself whether I really want what I'm eating or whether I'm having it for the sake of it (especially when cakes/chocs are going round at work). I'm eating more though; making sure I eat breakfast, having a snack midmorning and mid afternoon so I don't feel remotely starved. And if I really want a Chinese takeaway or some rhubarb crumble with icecream - I ask myself the question and if the answer is 'yes', I have it and enjoy it.

Exercise - I run 2-3 times a week or go to the gym. And I go to a Body Pump class on a weekly basis (or twice a week) which is weight training. I don't spend more than an hour in the gym when I go and since I go to one near work, it actually makes the commute better since the trains are quieter when I come out.

Snazy

25-01-2008 11:31 PM

Applespider, fully appreciate where you are coming from. I have lost that sort of weight before in the same way. However in this case I was a LOT overweight and health not on my side.

I must agree though, exercise IS key to a healthy lifestyle. Thankfully thats where my Malamute comes into it, and he keeps my heart pumping Smile

Anyone with some spare time, or just fancying a nosey http://michaelsnasdell.spaces.live.com/
The whole diet is blogged there, complete with pictures.

Thanks to those who have enquired about the diet, if anyone wants more info, please just get in touch Smile

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields