SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Extend 63 bus route to HOP station
rbmartin

18-01-2011 04:07 PM

A review of bus services generally in our part of the borough is much needed.

Do we really need three bus routes serving Penge from FH, while Catford is served by one bus route which is prone to delays?

Just to get from FH to Lower Sydenham involves a 20/30 min wait for the 356.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Applespider

18-01-2011 09:07 PM

A review of frequencies would be useful too - I send an email to TFL every so often to get a message that they're looked at regularly.

However, the point at which people end up standing on the 176/185 in the morning has moved further back along Lordship Lane in the last 5/6 years It used to be that it was only around Goose Green that people struggled to get on the bus. These days, it can be standing room only by the Plough and buses just going past stops after that unless someone wants off. And I've given up getting off the train at Denmark Hill in the evening.

And as for night services, they are a joke. The 12 and 176 only run twice an hour after 1 - they are both jammed full by the time they reach Trafalgar Square much of the time and stay that way until way beyond Camberwell Green. The 12 was so horrendous, I got off at Elephant and took the N63 which runs 4 times an hour. It was near enough empty - about 3 sets of passengers for most of the route.

eastofthetrack

19-01-2011 03:27 PM

Has there been any talk of a reduced service beyond Honor Oak Tavern? Like half the buses continuing to HOP/X buses an hour?

I must admit I probably only use the route twice a year to coincide with an annual jolly, but it's knackering walking up the hill when you've had a few beers!

andrewr

20-01-2011 05:28 PM

Policy these days is to minimise the number of buses that stop short of the terminus. This is one reason why so many routes have been split (like the 63 / 363). It makes for clarity amongst users.

rbmartin

20-01-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:
Policy these days is to minimise the number of buses that stop short of the terminus. This is one reason why so many routes have been split (like the 63 / 363). It makes for clarity amongst users.

Yet TfL in their wise wisdom decided to extend the P12 to Brockley Rise instead of it's old loop route round the Nunhead area to Peckham which has made the route more unreliable.

Now imagine what would happen to the 63 especially during the peaks when Honor Oak Park is full of traffic, in the time it'd take a passenger to reach the station from the Wood Vale end of Forest Hill Road, they might as well walk.

In any case, the 63/363 offers an excellent service to Peckham Rye station, which will eventually be on the ELL in late 2012.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Extend 63 Bus to Honor Oak Park Station? hopper 85 90,926 01-09-2013 11:04 AM
Last Post: ladywotlunches