SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
New to SE23!
Dee Woffaz

12-01-2011 04:47 PM

Hi all,
I have just had my offer accepted on a place in SE23 and am chuffed to bits! Having moved to London last Feb from Devon i have found the place to be cold and unfriendlyAngry(Battersea). I have just read through some of the forum threads and think now i have made the right choice in SE23. I do hope all goes well with my sale and i will be a regular on here.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DerbyHillTop

12-01-2011 05:16 PM

welcome to SE23

appetite4

12-01-2011 07:40 PM

Welcome. I hope you will be as happy here as most off is are.

oryx

12-01-2011 09:26 PM

I moved to Honor Oak Park from Battersea four years ago and find it much friendlier (and generally nicer!) here.

Though sometimes I miss Battersea as I lived there for a very long time.

squashst

12-01-2011 09:49 PM

Having lived here for some time, I value the hills - as high as Hampstead, but a lot cheaper. Try Horniman Gardens, One Tree Hill, Hilly Fields, Blythe Hill Fields. Quite a bracing day's walk in fact! And the Overground makes transport a lot better. Horniman Museum etc. Welcome to SE23!

Londondrz

13-01-2011 08:19 AM

If you read through this forum the worst you will find is the odd burglary, dog fouling and the Big Issue Lady outside Sainsburys. Hardly earth shattering.

FH is a great place to live!!Thumbsup

P.S. Just be careful of buggies on the 176Cool

Dee Woffaz

13-01-2011 10:23 AM

Thanks for your welcomes!
I shall indeed watch out for the Poo, Budgies, fraudulent BMW driving Big Issue seller, cats with krypton factor ability, the delilady and all the other wonderful(and some not so) goings on in SE23 with glee.
Many thanks, with everything crossed for my purchase & move.Unsure

ForestHillier

13-01-2011 01:32 PM

Yes indeed welcome to SE23, sad that you had these feelings about Battersea as I know people who live there and find it ok, possible that you may find London cold & unfreindly as most big cities are, you hail from Devon which is a lovely part of the UK, maybe as Devon Towns are not as big as the smoke, then thats why you may have felt that Battersea was cold/unfriendly, I will agree there are many parts of London that I try and avoid at any cost, however, once you get to know us, we are not that bad

Hope you settle well into SE23

Zimmerman

23-01-2011 04:59 PM

Hi. Dee.
I am new here myself ( just to this Forum ) I have been here now some eighty years, I might be able to tell you something of where you are now, dont tell me exactly, just ask about a place that interests you.

Dillwihs

27-01-2011 11:10 AM

Welcome to Forest hill, its a lovely place to live and the people are nice. Enjoy the tea & coffee bars in forest hill.

Scootagal

27-01-2011 12:01 PM

Welcome to Forest Hill! Although we're fairly new too! We finally moved into our new place just before Christmas - it took 4 months to buy the blooming place but it was worth it in the end Smile I think it is friendly enough and is small enough to get to know people but big enough to have some potential in becoming even nicer!

ceetee

27-01-2011 12:55 PM

Welcome!
have lived here most of my life, like all places some good some not so good but I like it! Agree with most of the suggestions so far, Hornimans great, and the green chain walk is fab fun, most recommended 'specially the woods (see if you can find the folly!) - fab! Also must recommend The Capitol for obscenely cheap food and drink in pretty decent surroundings, go there most weekends for brekkie. I see also that there is a guided walk this weekend, I think that might be a fun way to get your bearings.
Hope you are happy and enjoy your new place

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields