SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Mugging on Tatnell Road 2/3/11
ruthb

03-03-2011 06:46 PM

Just wanted to circulate the news that a woman was mugged walking down Tatnell Road at about 10pm last night - apparently a car of guys, who jumped out and grabbed her bag, then drove off.

There was also an attempted break in the other week on Tatnell Road, our neighbour got woken in the night and went downstairs to find his front door wide open - obviously disturbed whoever it was, as he ran out and saw a car driving off.

Don't want to freak people out with this post but always think it's good to know about things, and to be extra vigilant.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghis

03-03-2011 08:54 PM

This is the third one in one week within 4/5 street (See other thread). I live around the corner and walk from the station after 9pm and it is starting to really unsettle me...

danieljon

05-03-2011 04:23 PM

This is awful news - I've lived round here for 15 years, as do my mum and sister who both walk from the station down Grierson Road and the side streets home - I've warned them to keep an eye out.

We must all look out for our neighbours - can't let one gang ruin a perfectly nice area; I hope the local SNT are aware!

DJ

danieljon

07-03-2011 09:58 PM

The reply from our (very nice) local SNT: Remember CRIME HAS TO BE REPORTED IN ORDER TO BE REDUCED!

Hello Dan,

Thank you very much for your email regarding the increase in robberys in the area, it is something that we as a team have noticed over the past few weeks, we have as a result of this been patrolling the areas that have been affected more regularly at the times that the robberies have been occuring. I have just read through the threads on the forum that you sent to us and I have cross checked the reports that we have recieved with those that have been discussed or mentioned and it seems that quite a few are going unreported.

It is important that any such incidents are reported to the police either by calling 999 when it happens or 0300 123 1212 afterwards to report it. I can see on the forum that certain people havent reported such incidents as they do not believe that they could identify the offenders. This is quite a common reason for this sort of thing to go unreported but we still encourage a report to be made, this way it comes down to us your local team. When these reports come through to us we normally contact the victim and speak to them but we also take note of the area where the incident occured as well as the time of day and the day of the week that it occur on, this enables us to see patterns and deploy ourselves where we are needed most.

If incidents go unreported to us then we just dont know about them, it would seem that the robbery problem is a bit worse than we thought as so many have gone unreported i have passed this information on to the rest of my team and we will be patrolling the area even more as a result of this new information.

We dont regulary moniter internet forums as not every officer on the team has internet access and those that do have limited access to certain types of websites and forums are not something that we can always access so we are not able to post on the forum ourselves but it is something that we can look into, if you wish to post on the forum on our behalf advising everyone to report any such incidents it would be appreciated by oursleves and advise them that we are patrolling the area on regular basis as a result of the increase in the robberys in the area.

Many thanks
Katherine Carney
PCSO 7209PL
Crofton Park

Perryman

08-03-2011 11:02 AM

Here's an innocent question:
Have the number of community officers in the area (and the hours they are patrolling) been reduced in the last 6 months?
I know the con/libs are not in favour of them, but I do not know how far they have got in their plans.

danieljon

12-03-2011 11:46 AM

I don't believe that they have been reduced.

I know the Met Police is under pressure to look at the 1:2:3 model (1 sergeant, 2 PCs and 3 PCSOs per SNT ward) to see if that can be reduced to one sergeant covering perhaps 2 or 3 wards.

That looks almost certain to come into effect some time this year with the police budget cuts. Lambeth Borough are aready doing similar things. However Lambeth are also doing some radical things which reduce the response teams at less busy times and actually increase the local policing team presence instead.

Maybe we'll see even more officers on the streets of Lewisham soon, you certainly do in Lambeth!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mugging in the alley between Sunderland and Trilby Road Dan77 2 5,146 14-11-2016 10:01 AM
Last Post: BigED
  Dead cat between Tatnell and Parbury Road showtunesgirl 5 6,096 20-05-2013 06:24 PM
Last Post: showtunesgirl
  North facing gardens Parbury/MacLean Road/Kilgour/Tatnell daveherne 3 5,447 19-07-2012 07:00 PM
Last Post: daveherne
  Mugging on Grierson Road tricky128 21 24,629 26-02-2010 09:40 PM
Last Post: Tatters410