SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill Delivery Office
Gaz

06-01-2011 03:46 PM

I've received a Fee to Pay card but it states the opening hours are only till 1300 on weekdays. However, last year (late November I think) the sorting office was open in the evening (but perhaps only on certain days) as I popped in on the way back from work one evening to pick up a parcel.

Any idea if it is open today? The automated phone number is of no use and I'd rather not make a wasted journey from Syd if I can help it!

Cheers

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherwood

06-01-2011 04:19 PM

Forest Hill Delivery Office is open on Wednesday evenings until 8.00 p.m..

Gaz

06-01-2011 04:38 PM

Thanks Sherwood - any idea if its also open tonight?

Sherwood

07-01-2011 12:39 PM

The only late opening is Wednesday evening.

Applespider

04-01-2012 10:48 PM

I got a 'Something For You' card through my door before Christmas but after I'd departed for my family's house. The card has the Christmas opening hours listed on it (so much more convenient!) but not the regular ones.

Are the hours still 8am to 1300 Mon to Fri? Open til 8 on a Weds and then 8-12.30 on a Sat? Or have they changed - the Royal Mail's website doesn't seem to have them listed at all.

ChrisR

05-01-2012 01:15 AM

Applespider - according to the 'Something for you' card I had this morning the times are as you've posted Mon-Fri but 8am - 2pm Saturdays.

Don't know why they bother giving a phone number on the card to arrange redelivery though as it's never answered. I tried all afternoon - have ended up having to request online which means waiting 48 hours!

Givenuphope

30-01-2012 10:55 PM

Don't knock the SE23 sorting office please. I have lived here nearly 10 years and every single piece of mail has been there for me to collect. I previously lived three years in E2 and EVERY SINGLE piece of mail that was not obviously worthless was half-inched by the sticky-fingered thieving postman fraternity of Bethnal Green. I even bought a PO box and everything of value was stolen from that. I have reams of correspondence from the post office about it. Reams. Come Christmas time the busy thieving postal workers were so brazen they'd leave the bags on the street once they had been stripped of anything of value. I still remember the sullen looks on everyone's face at the sorting office's collection point as they all walked away empty-handed after queuing for their parcels. A living nightmare a decade ago makes me leap to the defence of the honest posties of SE23. A solar system away from E2.

No Longer Registered

03-02-2012 08:43 AM

I got a couple of cards through the door a few weeks ago and went down to collect the items a couple of days later. Despite looking for 15 minutes they couldn't find one of them. At this point the individual behind the counter filled in a form with my name and contact numbers, gave me the card back and told me that they would call when they located the item.

No call ever came.

I went back earlier this week to collect something else and thought I may well ask about the other item.

"Oh yes, we found that but we sent it back yesterday."

Needless to say I was not impressed.

Londondrz

03-02-2012 08:45 PM

I have been trying to call them all week to ask why the lanky tatooed postal van driver thinks it's OK to bomb down Manor Mount the wrong way whilst chatting on his mobile (again).

No answer on the phone and have tried 20 or 30 times. Will pop down in person tomorrow and have a word.

LegendLegend

04-02-2012 07:33 PM

Responding to the previous rude comment in which you describe the postman as lankey and tattooed! I live in forest hill and have had many parcels delivered by him and his always polite and very charming and happy to help so why you have to be so rude is beyond me!

Londondrz

04-02-2012 08:40 PM

LL, he is lanky and he is tattoed. How else am I supposed to describe him??

I am a little suprised that you are so upset that I described him as lanky and tattoed as opposed to questioning why he was driving the wrong way down Manor Mount whilst talking on his mobile phone.

He delivered a letter to me this morning and he was very nice. Had I not have just woken up when he rang the bell I would have addressed this with him personally. As it is this is the second time I have phoned the Forest Hill sorting office to ask them to have a word with him on the quite so it doesnt effect his job.

When I see him doing it again I will give him a cheery wave and keep out of his way then.

P.S welcome to the forum btw.

This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 08:40 PM by Londondrz.

isaglanzer

24-10-2012 08:13 AM

Anyone know if opening until 8 on Weds still happening? Don't have the card and I can't find the opening hours anywhere on line. Thank you!

hillwalker

24-10-2012 09:04 AM

Yes it does!

isaglanzer

24-10-2012 09:07 AM

Very helpful, thanks v much.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post