SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Thank you so much!
annsquire66

20-12-2010 10:30 PM

To whoever handed in my mobile at The Capitol earlier this evening.

It's not top of the range but the contents have great sentimental value to me, and I was very stressed.
I am a firm believer in trying to treat others the way I would like to be treated and tonight, you have proved me right.

Thanks so much. Whoever you are, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.Smile

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
davidwhiting

22-12-2010 11:41 AM

Ann. I'm glad you made this post. It is a good idea to acknowledge good deeds.

edd

22-12-2010 12:09 PM

Ah, how nice of that person!

Can I tag on and say a massive Thank You to the lovely man who overheard me in the Golden City on Stanstead Road last night telling my two little 'uns that they had to share one pancake roll between them* as I'd only got a pound left in my wallet. When we got the bag, there were two pancake rolls, as he'd secretly paid for another one, but he's already gone by then, so we never got to say thank you. I hope he reads this! That was a super kind thing to do. They polished them both off very happily. Thumbsup

*disclaimer: I usually cook beautiful home-made meals, but apparently pancakes rolls are far nicer. Blink

annsquire66

22-12-2010 01:06 PM

Feel free to add any further (local) random acts of kindness here- it's nice to know that SE23 has more than just disgruntled commuters Smile

sandy

22-12-2010 01:15 PM

Thank you to the young woman who rescued a lost dog following another young woman who, together with my partner and I had no idea what to do (cats are one thing, dogs unknown to us!). The saviour whipped off her scarf and took the dog with her. Turned out she was experienced in the dog rescue work and just happened to be returning home up Honor Oak Park on the other side of the road. In true Good Samaritan style she did not just pass by on the other side...

essjaygee

22-12-2010 02:48 PM

Thank you to the bus passengers between Forest Hill and Camberwell who so good naturedly helped me catch my youngsters as they wobbled all over the slippery top decks and steps of assorted buses in the morning and early afternoon of Monday 20th.

(The children found it mostly hilarious. I had several heart attacks, especially when the bus braked sharply as we were descending to the lower deck. My arms only stretch so far.)

PS I didn't take my pushchair...... Rofl[/align]

michael

22-12-2010 02:59 PM

I like this thread. Is it the time of year and the prospect of a week off work that is making everybody nice to each other?

Thanks to everybody posting nice stories here.

Cellar Door

22-12-2010 04:09 PM

Thanks to my friends who helped clear the pavement outside our house and our elderly neighbours house AND cleared said elderly neighbours pathway of snow so they could get to their car safely.

I attempted to do the same on the second dumping of snow. And being from the part of the world where it rarely snows, had never done it before, so quickly discovered what a tough job it is to break through the ice under the snow to make it safe.

I tip my warm winter hat to you.

Elizabeth25

22-12-2010 07:55 PM

I'd like to thank my neighbours for parking their little car right in front of our house and heading off to their honeymoon in Sri Lanka for two weeks. It has made our Christmas!

(BTW - this is NOT sarcastic. Our old neighbours Edd (on forum) will know what 'large vehicle' this little car is blocking is for 2 weeks!) You have no idea how happy I am!

Sorry, a small bit of happiness in Forest Hill that will only make sense to four people.

edd

22-12-2010 09:36 PM

Superb, Elizabeth! Rofl

People still in urgent need of soft furnishings at 5 am, then, I take it? Laugh

Andy

23-12-2010 07:35 AM

Well, a few weeks ago I got a hundred pounds out of a cashpoint and calmly retrieved my card and walked away, a young lady came chasing after me with the money. There are probably more nicer people than the alternative, they just don't get so much publicity.

Cellar Door

23-12-2010 11:54 AM

Andy's post just reminded me about putting my trolley back at Sainsbury’s. ("Sainos" - if you liked that term which was coined, I believe, in this posting by Cidered. If Sainsbury’s open in Australia, then they WILL have to change their name to Sainos because that’s what we’d all be calling them.)

Anyway, I walked away and was about 20 steps outside the front door of Sainos and a kid comes running up to hand me my £1 that I’d forgotten in the trolley. I thanked him by asking him to keep it as a reward. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bigger smile.

calvin

24-12-2010 03:46 PM

Jumping on this bandwagon, thank you to the man who overheard me on a freezing day telling my three kids, as a bus arrived and I realised I'd left my Oyster card at home and had no cash, that we'd have to walk (he didn't even know our journey would be more than 2 miles); he pressed £2 into my hand and disappeared upstairs before I knew what was happening. I ransacked my bags and made up the £2 in odd change, sent the kids up to find him. He thereupon refused the money and told them to buy something for themselves with it. He gets even more credit because I did have my buggy with me and he managed to see beyond that...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields