SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Early Start for the bin men
meduza

18-12-2010 01:22 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is getting disturbed by the bin men on a tuesday morning? In particular the recylcling of bottles being poured into the truck around 6.30 am! Cursing

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sandy

18-12-2010 01:32 PM

Don't you have someone rolling bins into position on the pavement in the middle of the night?

meduza

18-12-2010 01:42 PM

The bin men do all of that in the morning, They go up the road with one bin and pour all the contents of the recycling boxes into that one bin, then pour the full bin into the cart. Usually they make a considerable noise about it too...

grahamw

23-12-2010 09:03 AM

Yes, I agree. We're woken up at 6am every Tuesday morning by the bin men. First we have the recycling 'scout' who arrives before the lorry to noisily tip all the bottles into one bin, then we have the recyling lorry, then the bin men. Why do they have to start so early? In the summer it's worse - 5:30am.

CBRoad

23-12-2010 01:06 PM

Oh please, is this all you can find to moan about? Leave them alone. Be grateful that your rubbish is collected and recycled.

They start so early so they can get as much work as possible done before people head out to work so they hold up less cars (I’m sure you would moan about that too).

If they wake you up then just go back to sleep

Satchers

23-12-2010 01:23 PM

Well done to the bin men. They collected 2 and a half weeks worth of rubbish from our street today (which has been quite snowy) so we can at least have them empty for Christmas.

Well done Lewisham (gosh! two well done's in a fortnight! Shock!)

rshdunlop

23-12-2010 01:54 PM

I used to live above a corner shop. For the first few weeks I was woken every morning by the shutter going up at 6 am. After a while I didn't notice anymore. If the bin men have the same schedule every week, I would think your brain would start to tune it out.

Well done to the bin men - they haven't missed a single collection on my road, even on the Tuesday when the snow was chucking it down all day. Milkman has always made it too. Even the postman, who was conspicuous by his absence after the first snowfall, has come every day recently. He looked like the abominable snowman when I opened the door to him on Saturday.

fatrascal

23-12-2010 04:13 PM

Has anyone in the Siddons/Como/Kemble Road area had a recycling collection this week? Collections are usually on Tuesdays, but perhaps with Xmas coming up they have changed their days. Our green bin is pretty much overflowing.

shzl400

23-12-2010 08:04 PM

Sorry to rain on the bin men parade of congratulations. They failed to make it down our road yesterday (and not today either), although the recyclers did. Boo!

meduza

27-12-2010 04:07 PM

I have lived in the same road fr over 10 yrs and the bin men seem to be getting earlier and noisier, i have no objections to them starting so early just the fact that they make such a noise when they do start. Anyway does anyone else have the same problem?

meduza

27-12-2010 04:13 PM

Your input is far from constructive and quite inflamatory, find someone elses thread to pick on!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields