SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lutwyche/Levendale Road
AndyB

14-12-2010 10:32 PM

The land between Lutwyche Road and Levendale Road has changed hands. This follows the Black Ant Company going into liquidation following their unsuccessful attempts to get planning permission for 6 houses. Anyone knowing the site will appreciate that this is a big number of houses for such a small site.....Levendale and Lutwyche are already pretty close and it takes some imagining to envisage the prospect of six houses squeezing in there.

It has been bought once again by a developer, which is a shame as there was a local cabinet maker who was interested but he had to stop at 130k. It went for 170k in the end so presumably the developer has the frightening vision of six houses occupying the sliver of land.

Does anyone have any further information on this topic which affects a large number of very anxious people who do not want to see the land used in such a greedy and inappropriate way?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherwood

15-12-2010 08:00 AM

There have been several applications for planning permission made, which I believe have been rejected.

I suggest you talk to the planning officer.

Sherwood

15-12-2010 08:06 AM

The planning officer may be Steve Isaacson 020 8314 8704.

Sherwood

15-12-2010 08:12 AM
blushingsnail

15-12-2010 10:31 AM

The site is in SE6 (Catford) so doesn't come under the 'jurisdiction' of the Sydenham or Forest Hill societies. I understand there have been a number of planning applications over the years and the local residents have been successful in fighting them off. This year's application was refused at the Planning Committee stage, despite the Planning Officer's recommendation to grant the application.

Are you sure it's the Black Ant Company that has gone into liquidation? I heard it was something to do with the finance company, but that may be wrong.

Sherwood

15-12-2010 11:17 AM

I suggest that you ask Lewisham Town Hall for the specification of the refuse vehicles, i.e. the width and the swept circle. The question is can the vehicle access these properties or would wheelybins need to be left in Lutwyche Road to await collection.

michael

15-12-2010 11:39 AM

Many planning applications have been refused on this site and I can't believe that any developer would seriously think that building 6 houses would be acceptable given this history.

£170k is a good price for land that has minimal development potential. I would refer you to Westbourne Drive where land sold for £250k and is being turned into a single very impressive home.

It is quite possible that a more reasonable use will be found for this site as well.

Sherwood

15-12-2010 12:05 PM

Michael,

This oiece of land is almost landlocked. it is between Lutwyche Road and Levendale Road. Vehicles can only access the site from Lutwyche Road between 9 & 11 Lutwyche Road. The gap is very narrow.

Personally, I think the price paid is excessive for the site considering its potential unless the developer does obtain planning permission for an extensive development.

LondonRoad

28-07-2011 07:48 AM

Has anyone heard any more about what's happening to this land?

michael

28-07-2011 07:54 AM

http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=62638

It looks like permission was granted for a revised proposal.

Sherwood

13-05-2012 06:27 PM

There is a sign on the entrance in Lutwyche Road, which says that the land has been sold wit planning permission for five houses.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields