SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Internet Connection in SE23
squashst

14-12-2010 09:21 AM

Hi,
My wifi was down last night, still down this morning. The router has red light on the internet. Before I consider a new router I just wanted to check if others have a similar problem - I seem to recall a thread that internet connection has been intermittent at times recently. And I have noticesd a few outages over last couple of months but this is first time its been down so long.

I'm in Garthorne Rd - at the HOP end.

Thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jgdoherty

14-12-2010 10:34 AM

Good morning

Can you let us know who your provider is please - BT/O2/TALKtALK/Virgin?

There are no reported problems at the Forest Hill Exchange today.

I notice that you refer to your wifi being out - does that mean you can still link to your broadband via a cable connection - and hence you are able to post here on the forum. ?

BT's services at Forest Hill could be best described as poor at the moment although it has become noticeable that those users who are north of the exchange are receiving a higher quality service that those who live south and west.

PaulR

14-12-2010 02:05 PM

We've had very patchy ADSL connection (south of the exchange) over the last few weeks and then yesterday it was out of action all day. We're with AOL at the moment and their "customer support" people say that we simply have to wait. I'm actually waiting to hear from a new ISP that we've arranged to transfer to, but they seem to have gone strangely silent...

Miss Miaow

14-12-2010 02:36 PM

I am in HOP and with AOL. For the past few weeks I have lost my internet connection periodically for short periods of time. Yesterday it happened again and I am still unable to connect. I rang AOL and was told there is a problem and I wont be able to get on line until tommorrow. I am really fed up with AOL and am considering a change. Any recommendations would be gratefully received.
thanks

jon14

14-12-2010 02:46 PM

I'm in HOP and with 02 and have never had an outage in 3.5 years. If we ever lose wifi it's because the wireless switch on the computer has been switched to 'off' by mistake...

squashst

15-12-2010 07:39 AM

Back on line this morning! (my email yesterday was sent from work).

ISP is AOL which judging from some of the other emaails may be the problem.

ForestHillier

15-12-2010 09:37 AM

I used to be ith Virgin, Broadband where you plug into your telephone socket, had endless problems with loss of connection and at times, nothing at all, then went to T Mobile with a mobile stick, no probs at all, well worth a try

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields