SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
If you voted LibDem, do you sleep at night?
DerbyHillTop

10-12-2010 05:39 PM

Andy,

my head is still not sore Wink I obviously have nothing better to do today so...

Brian,
I am not sure if you were implying that I was not representative of SE23 make up and questioned my patriotism. As SE23 resident I represent myself only and could tick a box or two on diversity forms. I am very much a patriot and wish the best for our country, just like you do but our views on how to achieve it differ. You don't need to tell us that some of your views are left wing, we all can make up our mind about what we read and classify it as we see fit.

so
I am still trying to see but fail: how is this cheaper for the Government in the next 5-10 years. They will stop paying teaching grants, but will issue loans which won’t begin to repay a penny for 3 years. We are assured the repayments will be lower than in the current system. This means that it will be years from now until the first year of student loans is paid back.

In theory there is a lot of fluff about nothing, as most future students will learn to live with a huge student debt, and not worry if and when they pay it off. So in essence it seems not a lot different than a graduate tax.

So the above makes me question. Why? The government will still have similar cost in the short to medium term, but will put a lot of pressure on young people. What are the benefits of this policy to us all?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: If you voted LibDem, do you sleep at night? - DerbyHillTop - 10-12-2010 05:39 PM