SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's
drabarni

26-01-2011 01:18 AM

"Overall Romanians have some of the cleverest crooks in the world because a lot of them dont know any other way of living. Thery are just gypsies,"

Hawkesrah, be ashamed. I am a Gypsy and I live in SE23 and I find your comments offensive and abusive. I have raised this with admin as I believe that your comments should be removed.

It is so easy to be a bigot in the anonymity of a chat room. Although Gypsies may have travelled through Romania, Romanians are not just gypsies, in fact Gypsies originate from India, not Romania. But there you have it, ignorance, stupidity and racism so often form close bed fellows and "Hawkesrah," manages to incorporate all three in one comment. Disgraceful.

This is not America and there is not total freedom of speech in which to spout your bigoted racist views, there are laws to protect the minorities and these laws can reach beyond pseudonyms.

Hawkesrah, you might like to know that 250,000 Gypsies died in the holocaust, which we refer to as the Devouring. The majority of the horrific nazi experimentation was on Gypsy children, not Jews, but maybe that does not matter, because they were just Gypsies too.

Hawkesrah, please don't try and kid yourself that you are not a racist bigot, replace the word Gypsy with black or asian and you see what you are. For we are a people, a race, from four tribes and none of them originate from Romania.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's - drabarni - 26-01-2011 01:18 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's netty 212 227,531 27-05-2009 05:33 PM
Last Post: gingernuts