SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's
Spearmint

07-12-2010 03:22 PM

Too true, Admin, too true. I've just flicked through the old posts (thanks for the link) and am astonished that it's been 3 years since the start of that thread...including posts of my own. Tempus fugit indeed!

And interestingly enough a development occured almost exactly two years ago when I saw the usual seller with her husband (?) at FH station laden with boxes and bags which looked to all intents and purposes like Christmas presents - new toys, clothes, etc. They were arguing very loudly next to me so I couldn't help to look but imagine my surprise when she handed over to him the largest roll of cash I have ever seen in my life! They didn't seem to care one bit that I saw them and casually got on the next train.

I, for one, have never felt the need to buy a magazine from them and now, despite passing twice a day to and from the station, I don't even get asked. And I'm afraid to admit that any impetus to contact the BI offices was thoroughly quashed after they deigned to respond last time - my get-up-and-go got up and went - but if anyone would like to report this story to them, please feel free.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Big Issue seller outside Sainsbuy's - Spearmint - 07-12-2010 03:22 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's netty 212 227,546 27-05-2009 05:33 PM
Last Post: gingernuts