SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next > Last »
Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's
piglet

22-01-2011 02:19 PM

This thread is an ideal example of the British public over reacting.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

22-01-2011 03:34 PM

With all due respect this is rubbish.
Criminal action needs to be highlighted.

piglet

22-01-2011 04:16 PM

Ring the Police and I am sure they will find it pathetic. Even the Big Issue have not bothered to reply.

brian

22-01-2011 04:35 PM

Hardly surprising BI not replied they are not the organisation they were.

So if you see someone trying to obtain money with menaces , I guess you , as the Bible says , walk by on the other side.

I accept unlikely anything will happen which I am afraid sums up modern Britain.

roz

22-01-2011 05:33 PM

nadia.manganello@bigissue.com

I suggest anyone with anything to say on the subject emails Nadia on the above address. Hopefully one way or the other the position will be clarified and appropriate action taken - or not.
And we can all move on to get a life!

Mickey

22-01-2011 05:36 PM

I dont think its a case of the British public over reacting??

Its criminal - they drive a BMW, seen the guy buy a drink in Sainsburys and he pulled out a very impressive pile of notes.

Why dont you open your front door and let them in to help themselves???

They claim benefits, take innoicent peoples money on the streets - the whole thing is a ***** scam - open your eyes piglet.

nevermodern

22-01-2011 06:32 PM

'with menaces' : waving a magazine, half-heartedly saying 'big issue'

'innocent people' all of whom have doubtlessly been scarred immeasurably by giving their quid fifty or whateverit is.

Poor pumpkins.

Cellar Door

22-01-2011 06:47 PM

brian wrote:
…this begging which verges on the criminal.

brian wrote:
…this is surely a serious subject when illegal/criminal action concerned.

Hi brian, your conclusion has moved from suggesting this verges on the criminal to a stronger position of it being criminal. What changed to shift your view? Personal experience or what you’ve heard and/or read?

I found myself chatting with one of the women last Saturday. We’ve acknowledged each other for quite a few years now. We smile and say Hello. I said to her that I was disheartened to see her still on the street selling The Big Issue. I wondered where she saw her life was going because it seemed to me that she’d been doing this on and off for almost 5 years. I said it must be a boring and unfulfilling endeavour.

She shrugged my concerns off and I felt that our longest conversation ever was at an end.

piglet

22-01-2011 07:18 PM

I have just witnessed a man committing a criminal act near Blockbuster - he was urinating against the wall.

Should I a) report this criminal act to the police or b) create a thread on the SE23 forum about it because I am a local busy body with nothing else better to do with my time?

admin
Administrator

22-01-2011 07:25 PM

Could I please ask members to refrain from name-calling as it rarely adds anything of value to a discussion. Thanks.

roz

22-01-2011 07:28 PM

Why break a habit of a lifetime. A woman gets her breast out to feed a baby in the Horniman Gardens and you rave on about that as if its a crime. Perhaps the bloke having a p*** up against the wall is a plain clothes policeman who will go on misidentify another innocent Brazilian which will lead to his wrongful murder later this evening which is then covered up by the police.
That would probably be a few crimes rolled up in one.

keithparrot

22-01-2011 08:03 PM

I know this woman very well - we shared a mocha in the cafe round the corner when she was clocking off. I don't know why there is such a debate about all this. i can categorically state that she is 100% Romanian.

Cellar Door

22-01-2011 08:25 PM

roz wrote:
A woman gets her breast out to feed a baby in the Horniman Gardens and you rave on about that as if its a crime.

Did tiggywinkle post on this thread and then subsequently get removed by admin?

I mention this because wasn't it tiggywinkle that had that particular big issue about breast feeding on the Buggyjam thread?

Oh, unless piglet and tiggywinkle are Usernames for one person as you suggested on that other thread? But I'm sure that admin would quickly spot that.

nevermodern

23-01-2011 01:59 AM

piglet is so right. This is utterly *nothing* to do with whether this woman is doing anything illegal or not, it's about the extent to which her behaviour, legal or otherwise, is the focus of such *astonishing* attention on se23.com.

When 13 pages, at least, is being spent discussing a woman selling a magazing outside sainsbury's, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG!

Get a grip, please, in God's name.

brian

23-01-2011 05:34 PM

Also if it is now confirmed she is 100% Romanian there are many professions barred to Romanians at present.
Selling Magazines or Begging is I am sure two of them .

NigelPrice

24-01-2011 02:16 PM

I speak a little Romanian and have tried to engage in conversation, but I do not understand everything she says.

Jon Lloyd

25-01-2011 10:41 AM

Admin - I know in the interests of democracy you can't just delete this thread, but is there any way of giving it its own section, so it doesn't interfere with other people's enjoyment of the SE23 topics? It's not really an SE23 topic is it? It's the Daily Mail letters page.

Mrjamon

25-01-2011 11:05 AM

56 REPLIES!?!?!?

Oops, make that 57.

brian

25-01-2011 11:57 AM

Jon Lloyd
We who are anti criminal and spongers are told to ignore this good lady ( although good she is not and , not sure she qualifies to be a lady ), yet you are saying this should be removed from this thread.
There are are many people who are offended by this activity. Why does she not beg in Bucharest and leave the BI to native persons who have fallen on hard times. What I would imagine was the original intention of the founders of BI.
It is not just this woman , her relations seem to have taken over the BI in Croydon , Bromley , Beckenham and Sydenham ( probably everywhere else as well ).
Many of us have seen The Mafia Boss who controls them and is doing very well thankyou.

Before I am accused of being racist , which is the standard slur , when I say native I mean people born here of all races and creeds.

Jon Lloyd

25-01-2011 01:26 PM

Case rested.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Big Issue seller outside Sainsbury's netty 212 223,128 27-05-2009 04:33 PM
Last Post: gingernuts