SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
any helpfull hints for someone looking to move to SE23?
Jadee

22-01-2008 10:20 PM

Hello Se23 :-)
Looking to move somewhere where we (2 sharers) can get more for our money.. there are loads of houses advertised in the Perry Vale area? Is it nice there? is it too much off the bus routes to be an easy commute? Ideally we need close to london road for bus routes to Kings (college hospital, for work) and train routes into town for others commute. I really like honor oak but it has no night bus I think...? Somewhere nice to live, with garden, easy walk to a nice pub.. cafes.. that kind of thing. If anyone can advise that would be so very helpfull, cheers!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherwood

22-01-2008 10:36 PM

I think Honor Oak will have a 171 night bus.

Perry Vale is quite near Forest Hill railway station. Alternatively, you could walk to Stanstead Road to catch the 185 to Kings College Hospital.

Jadee

22-01-2008 10:46 PM

Sherwood wrote:
I think Honor Oak will have a 171 night bus.

Perry Vale is quite near Forest Hill railway station. Alternatively, you could walk to Stanstead Road to catch the 185 to Kings College Hospital.

cheers, will check it outSmile

Snazy

22-01-2008 11:01 PM

From Perry Vale, London Road would be quicker to get to from some parts to get the 185.

Various bus services run the entire length of Perry Vale.

It has a large Sainsburys at the SE26 end. a pub at the top of the hill, various shops midway at the mini roundabout by the old fire station.
Further up you have the junction with Mayow Road, near Forest Hill Boys School,

Finally at the far end you have Christchurch Primary School, another pub, FH train station, and a parade of shops, takeways, and the Co-Op just on the end at Waldram Park Rd

Consider any of the roads off Perry Vale, Dacres Road, Church Rise, Westbourne Drive, Sunderland Road

hilltopgeneral

22-01-2008 11:09 PM

I think you'd be better off around the Forest Hill end of Dartmouth or Honor Oak Roads, or Taymount Rise. That way you have the N176 handy, and the P4, 176 and 185 during the day. You would be near the Hob and Dartmouth Arms.

Another option could be the N end of Honor Oak, where you could catch a very swift (although rather infrequent) train to Denmark Hill from Crofton Park. Honor Oak Park station would still be better for town, and as mentioned there is the N171 night bus, which would get you back from Camberwell Green if you fancied braving it after any funny shifts you might have, or indeed after a night out at The Venue in New Cross (whioch doesn't constitute a recommendation!)

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields