SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pop Up Event
Scootagal

28-11-2010 09:58 AM

Just seen a flyer/website for this pop up event on the 2nd of December in Forest Hill. Sounds fab! Especially the pop up new Antic pub the Sylvan Post! I now can't find the link but will post it later unless someone else beats me to it! With the open studios and craft fair this weekend I'm really enjoying living here! (Was a bit disappointed with the open studios...but I'm not complaining!)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

28-11-2010 10:28 AM

It is looking like a busy evening in Forest Hill town centre. A list of planned activities can be seen at http://popupforesthill.wordpress.com/activities/

With beer in the post office, monks in the library, and meditation in the estate agent it should certainly be a unique experience!

The one thing that we do need to make it work is for people to come along for the wider variety of events going on.

dipsolala

28-11-2010 06:15 PM

Wow, it looks like there are loads of things to do, a great way to try something new and get involved in Forest Hill. I might try the singing and then listen to some live jazz
Can't wait, should be good fun Thumbsup

Scootagal

28-11-2010 07:29 PM

Yeh - looks fun Smile Especially the pop up pub...not that I'm really looking forward to the new pub opening or anything..! Wish it had been on a Saturday though - I won't make it till late as it takes me an hour to get back from work - but a Thursday is better than no day!!

michael

01-12-2010 11:15 AM

Don't forget, tomorrow is pop-up day!
Pop-down to Forest Hill town centre in the evening to enjoy the wide range of activities on offer in the shops, pubs, and outside.

Don't let the snow put you off, you are better than the rail network!

alisa

01-12-2010 07:08 PM

I'm getting excited about this already!!

http://www.se23.blogspot.com/
TND

02-12-2010 10:43 AM

Me too....I'll be popping in to a few of the events :-)

michael

03-12-2010 08:25 AM

It was lovely to see so many people braving the cold and wandering around the snowy streets of Forest Hill watching what was going on in all the shops.

The Post Office was clearly the main focus for most people. Like all post offices there was a queue, but in this case it was for beer!

Satchers

03-12-2010 09:54 AM

The bits of the event I went to were great. Pub was fantastic and it was great to see so many local businesses involved.

Well done to the organising team and I am looking forward to the next one when we aren't snowed out already.....maybe in the summer?

Novels

03-12-2010 11:18 AM

There was a really pleasant atmosphere!
It goes to show that FH has its own little community, and that people care!
We loved the post office event, and the pub quiz at the Hob.

Smile

seeformiles

03-12-2010 05:45 PM

Yes I enjoyed the Post Office event too. Well done to the organisers.

Seefor x

andrewr

03-12-2010 05:47 PM

Congratulations - Thanks for your efforts Hugh and Richard. Amazing what a couple of people can achieve in a short period.

FHSoc

04-12-2010 03:32 PM

Thank you very much for your kind words. Hugh and I put about 400 hours each into planning and organising the event.

If admin will allow, I would like to thank Lewisham Highways and TfL for gritting the pavements which enabled the event to go ahead despite the inclement weather (not sure if we had any responsibility, but we did ask and Catford's pavements were like skating rinks)

I would also like to thank Robert Stanford Estate Agents, L&Q Group, MindBody Academy and Bunka for their sponsorship which helped the Forest Hill Society finance the event. I would also like to thank Lewisham for their support, advice and assistance.

Finally, a big thank you to all those volunteers who helped with publicity, design, distribution and on the night, particularly Allison, Tony and Liz who manned the information booth in the cold and slush.

We hope to organise another event - we will llet you know when Smile

TomH

01-01-2011 11:48 AM

I've been trying to log on to say how much I enjoyed this event. Cannot wait (well that maybe a little exaggeration) for the next one, but it was great, and shows there are plenty of lovely folk hiding in the Fhill.

Thanks for setting up.

TND

16-12-2011 10:58 AM

I emailed Fi from Antic a couple of days ago to find out if the new pub (Sylvan Post) would be open for NYE. Unfortunately it won't, but apparently it's just the interior design to be completed now and she said they'll be opening at the end of Jan. Just thought I'd let you all know in case anyone's interested. So that's 2 new businesses opening in the FH town centre in Jan/Feb...hurrah! Great news in my book!

poolsneighbour

16-12-2011 11:48 AM

Been waiting forever to have a drink in this place!Most drawn out redevelopment/opening ever! Was supposed to be open by Summer, then it got moved to Autumn, then Winter (before Xmas) and now its end of Jan! I wont hold my breath! Shame, was looking forward to chilling out with some mulled wine in there before Christmas.. Will have to wait till next year! Smile

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields