SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Devonshire Rd - dog poo
monakot

29-11-2010 09:20 PM

Please excuse the subject but I felt compelled to right after some rather unpleasant experiences on the Forest Hill end of Dev Road namely large dog poos being left on the pavement. I have witnessed:

a) Someone walking into a large pile one evening - very dark and could not be seen

b) A pile left outside my house as I walk out of my drive - very easy for my kids or postie to walk in and bring to my doorstep - yuck.

Is there anything we can do about this. It is really becoming common and finding that we have to walk very carefully down the road dodging these things every day.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jon Lloyd

29-11-2010 09:40 PM
Ghis

29-11-2010 09:45 PM

In Gladiator Street, someone has put cute little signs with drawings saying please stop letting your dog poo in our nice little street. It seems to have actually reduced the amount of dog poo there.

monakot

29-11-2010 10:43 PM

Many thanks John - have filed a report with Love Lewisham. I will follow up a call as I think something more permanent must be done!

Cidered

30-11-2010 02:13 PM

I've lost count of the number of times I had to clear up **** from outside my house, but a bucket of Jeyes fluid and water over the pavement seems to encourage dogs to leave their little presents elsewhere, for a short while at least.

Monakot, apologies if my tactics have moved the dirty dogs down to your part of Devonshire!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields