SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Do burglers ever get caught?
SpringCat

23-11-2010 03:55 PM

thank you

They closed the case because they could not get the finger prints matched to any burglar they knew. Unfortunately when the police came to our house, was at the weekend without the forensic team. It was two days later after we had cleared the area, that someone came to our home for that.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

23-11-2010 04:20 PM

I have always believed all the population should be DNA tested. Then hopefully the criminal would have been caught and spent 10 years in penal servitude.

DerbyHillTop

23-11-2010 09:50 PM

When your DNA is found at the scene of a crime that will certainly mean that you must be guilty of it. And since you are law abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about.

BarCar

30-11-2010 03:21 PM

That's somewhat of a blanket statement which the science doesn't support.

DNA testing is not infalible and needs to be combined with traditional investigation techniques. It is not the magic bullet that many think it is.

nevermodern

30-11-2010 09:59 PM

And, for those who think DNA testing the entire population is so lovely, that's before the insurance companies use the information to deny you any sort of cover because of the information they get from it, just because you have 'a propensity' for breast cancer or whatever.

And that's before you factor in the the use a future government could make of the information.

Is Nazi Germany so very far away? or Fascist Spain?

Of course, this is Britain. It could never happen here (!)

I guess that's your excuse for such frighteningly unquestioning deference to 'those who know best'.

brian

01-12-2010 06:15 PM

I agree should not be solely convicted on DNA evidence but it should really assist finding probable culprits.

Could also catch fathers of single mothers to get them to share costs. It would not matter if mothers refused to give name, they should be found.

I hope I am not being controversial but surely mothers who refuse to name the father should not surely expect full benefits as denying the taxpayer to collect the farther's share.
No doubt some may find this offensive but have to find ways of cutting Welfare Bill as Mr C and Mr C have said.

SpringCat

07-12-2010 04:32 PM

the police was supposed to report on crimes activity in the area on 3rd December on the corner of tewksbury avenue. Has this happened or due to weather conditions, we heard no more?

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields