SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
NCT in Forest Hill
essjaygee

29-10-2010 04:21 PM

Hello there. Long time no etc.

I seem to remember there used to be an NCT branch leader on the board.

I would appreciate some advice as to how I could volunteer with the NCT as I plan to do a DipHE with them - could anyone point me in the right direction? The website just suggests a Lewisham branch so it may well be that's the nearest one now but it would be great to make sure!

Many thanks

SJG xxx

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jimmewis

29-10-2010 05:08 PM

Hi - you should e-mail lewishamnctchair@googlemail.com. One of the co-chairs should be able to help you with any questions you have.

Hawkesrah

29-10-2010 06:51 PM

It might help if you explain what NCT means

essjaygee

01-11-2010 09:30 AM

Thank you.

Hawk - as you see, those who don't know what it means wouldn't have the first clue as to how to help me Wink But thanks anyway!

Satchers

01-11-2010 10:42 AM

Just to keep it out of the realms of being a 'secretive organisation' (!)
It used to be called 'the National Childbirth Trust' and is basically a charity for parents through pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood.

http://www.nctpregnancyandbabycare.com/about-us

Very good local branch in Forest Hill

essjaygee

01-11-2010 11:04 AM

Thanks Satchers - just can't find any contact emails/numbers for anything closer than Lewisham!

Dammit - maybe it is a secret organisation - or maybe they're just keeping it a secret from me......... CryingWink

ringingcod

01-11-2010 01:56 PM

ringingcodette has found them very good with RC junior

http://www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area/lewis...foresthill

Gabriella

01-11-2010 02:41 PM

The Lewisham contact you have is the right one as this branch covers Forest Hill among other areas. Next closest local branches are Greenwich and Southwark.

Jane2

01-11-2010 03:09 PM

Hi, one of the Coordinators of Lewisham NCT here.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but there is nothing secretive about us at all! You won't find us with one trouser leg rolled up, chanting strange rituals behind closed doors...sadly more likely to be changing a nappy....

Lewisham NCT covers the borough of Lewisham; as this is such a large area we have divided it up into 7 areas; Forest Hill is one of those areas. We have volunteers in each area who organise activities for parents; the volunteers in Forest Hill (Roisin, Sarah and Elaine plus others) are all really lovely. There are around 180 NCT members in Forest Hill so its pretty popular! I am really glad that some of you on here have found us useful.

The local page for Forest Hill NCT activities is here:
http://www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area/lewis...foresthill

Myself and my co-coordinator oversee the running of the whole Lewisham branch (and we are volunteers too) but I happen to live in Forest Hill too, hence my presence on this board!

Anything else you want to know, just ask!

SJG - I will reply to you- sorry just catching up on emails as was busy this weekend with gangs of children marauding the house for a birthday party Smile

Jane

essjaygee

02-11-2010 11:55 AM

Jane - you were the one I was thinking of! Brilliant!

Many thanks to you all for your help (and recommendations!) and I look forward to hearing from Jane and helping out where I can.

Kind regards

SJG xx

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields