SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Anyone know about local planning permission in the area.
Snazy

22-01-2008 09:56 PM

BarCar wrote:

nasaroc wrote:
In one sense it?s great that this whole enterprise has come crashing around his head

A cynic might suggest that they always intended the building to come down so that they can build a high density modern block. "Oops, it's unsafe and we need to demolish it" smells a bit like "Oops, it caught fire" to me. I hope Lewisham planners have the legislative power to force them to reinstate like-for-like (externally at least) but it sounds like the developers know how to play the system to their best effect.

Comments have been made to support the cynical view, but I will leave it there for now.
However im pretty sure Lewisham will do as you say and force like for like. I will certainly be opposing permission for anything else. Im sure other locals will do the same.

Sadly the idea that its fallen apart around them. They are still left with a huge plot of prime land sadly.
And have a lot of work in the pipelines again elsewhere, so far from broke.
The are actually responsible for the conversion of 10 Church Rise too!

Nasaroc, thanks for doing that digging, its certainly nice to see such information, so I can compare the verbal comments of the builders, and the official line taken with the authorities.
Venturing out this afternoon I noticed its almost gone now.

I miss 6 Church Rise already Sad
Just the left and right walls and a few other bits left now, all ground floor.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Anyone know about local planning permission in the area. - Snazy - 22-01-2008 09:56 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sky phone/internet outage in local area FoHoNewbie 2 4,607 11-03-2016 06:12 PM
Last Post: rshdunlop
  Planning Application: M&Co to become a Morrisons Local? edpaff 141 164,070 09-09-2015 04:42 PM
Last Post: michael
  Planning Permission 28-30 Tyson Road Johnc 0 3,601 21-09-2009 07:11 AM
Last Post: Johnc
  Conservation area, planning and ... the pools? ForestGump 3 5,852 17-06-2008 02:36 PM
Last Post: NewForester