SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Anyone know about local planning permission in the area.
Snazy

21-01-2008 05:13 PM

robwinton wrote:
wait until you seem the plumes of black smoke and 10 foot high flames, then you'll know for sure

how many weeks' worth of burning was it on Church Rise? It got so bad I thought the whole place was coming down ... in the end it did.

Indeed, its was MONTHS of burning rather than weeks. I was starting to wonder what else there was left to burn, until I saw their tipper dropping stuff off from another site, to be burnt.

Fire Brigade came out about 3-4 times in the end until they were officially told NO FIRES !
The last one being one of the builders putting a propane cylinder on the fire. Needless to say the Fire Brigade received numerous calls of an explosion... Sad More of their time wasted.

Blushingsnail, indeed there are laws and bylaws about these matters, however these particular developers rely on "charm" I think its called. There are time restrictions and material restrictions, however some of the fires were rediculous is size, totally out of control, and left to burn over night. Which is when I would tend to call the Fire Brigade out.

Then of course there is their damage to other houses property, demolishing fences that did not belong to them, causing stupid amounts of damage to the pavement, and the fire hydrant (sp) The list is endless.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Anyone know about local planning permission in the area. - Snazy - 21-01-2008 05:13 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sky phone/internet outage in local area FoHoNewbie 2 4,560 11-03-2016 06:12 PM
Last Post: rshdunlop
  Planning Application: M&Co to become a Morrisons Local? edpaff 141 162,770 09-09-2015 04:42 PM
Last Post: michael
  Planning Permission 28-30 Tyson Road Johnc 0 3,578 21-09-2009 07:11 AM
Last Post: Johnc
  Conservation area, planning and ... the pools? ForestGump 3 5,805 17-06-2008 02:36 PM
Last Post: NewForester