SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Millwall fans arrive in Forest Hill
roz

16-10-2010 12:11 PM

Seemingly Millwall fans are having their prematch boozeup today in FH before heading off to Selhurst Pk . The police are expecting trouble at some point but perhaps not here. Charlton are also playing Brighton at the Valley so it's going to be a busy afternoon!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

16-10-2010 12:48 PM

Saw 3 shiny TSG vans drive through earlier. I love football, bunch of fine upstanding players and a wonderful polite crowdRolleyes

shzl400

16-10-2010 03:15 PM

Aha! That explains the crowd - apparently all male - spilling out of the Foresters onto the pavement as I drove past 1:30pm. Police van subtly parked across the road, just keeping an eye on them.

Mickey

16-10-2010 09:12 PM

I bet the Landlord at the Foresters had a huge smile on his face today - I have never seen anything quite like it in FH! Whetherspoons looked busy too. I think the police vans unnerved me more than the Millwall supporters.
Was the accident later in the afternoon connected to the footie fans?

roz

16-10-2010 09:37 PM

We spent the afternoon at the Tate Modern but on the way back to London Bridge ran into a minor spat between Palace and Millwall fans outside a pub. Could have been worse I suppose.
Can't shed any light on the accident, hope no one was hurt.

roz

16-10-2010 09:42 PM

Seems from reading the other thread about the accident the arrival of footie fans paled into insignificance. Hope the guy is ok as is the driver.

katie one

19-10-2010 10:14 AM

I was talking to Richard in the Forresters yesterday evening and he said when the Millwall fans first entered the pub he thought "oh no" but they turned out to be a great crowd. He had two of his regular elderly gents sitting at the bar, one of whom was celebrating his 78th birthday, and they all stopped to sing happy birthday to him, and were buying both the elderly folk drinks. He said he was pleasantly surprised after all the bad press that they receive to have seen them first hand for himself. So I suppose the moral of the story is don't tar everyone with the same brush and don't believe everything you read in the press.

Elizabeth25

19-10-2010 11:39 AM

yes, I saw him cleaning up the empties from outside, and he had a smile on his face. So he must have had a profitable afternoon.

katie one

19-10-2010 12:21 PM

Yes, I understand that they cleared the fridges of bottled beers like locusts stripping the fields. Richard thinks its the best type of bottle rotation!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields