SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Chile Miners
Baboonery

15-10-2010 07:38 PM

if others on this forum dont think its not good news that they are all out, then they need urgent help

Have you found anyone like this yet?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shzl400

15-10-2010 09:35 PM

It is a great good news story among all the economic doom and gloom. Would that BP had sealed their oil well so efficiently! Brilliant work by all the people involved, fantastic PR for Chile and, of course, beyond worth for the miners to be back topside.

I know it was to protect their eyes, but I gotta say they all looked so cool in those shades. Thumbup

Mickey

16-10-2010 10:20 PM

The story of the Miners and their 69 day ordeal had me gripped to the news - I am so glad there was a very happy ending.
What a brave bunch...

roz

16-10-2010 11:01 PM

They are indeed very brave and its a wonderful ending to such a dreadful set of circumstances which could have ended so differently.

However I have to say although I watched the events on TV I felt very uncomfortable at the staged showmanship displayed by the President and TV companies. What right do they have to follow then into hospital and then broadcast details of what happens to be wrong with them, and also go into their personal lives, as was the case with the gentleman with the complicated love life, which was so complicated apparently that no one was clear whether the woman who met him was his sister/wife/mistress or even his mother, and to go on about to whom he gave power of attorney. Or even whether they knew each other at all. I have travelled widely in South America and do know that privacy is treated less preciously there than in Europe however I don't think that treating people in this way was at all ethical. I'm still not sure whether the first reunions with their families ought to have been broadcast.

There are many accidents worldwide in mines including Chile due to lack of attention to health and safety and I hope this episode improves that situation even just a little but I have to say that the Chilean government and the mine owners have a lot to answer for.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields