SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Cat hit by car, Riseldine Road
SteveG

18-10-2010 12:33 PM

At around 12.00 today my partner arrived home on Riseldine Road shortly after a cat had been hit by a car and left in the road (the person who hit the cat had just driven off after exchanging words with a van driver who had seen the incident; the car driver's attitude apparently was that there wasn't much he could do).

By the time I went to move the cat from the road, it was dead (and had probably died immediately). The cat was adult, quite large, predominantly pale ginger with some lighter and darker stripes; I'm afraid I don't know whether it was male or female. It wasn't wearing a collar, so it may have been a stray.

But I'm posting this in case the cat was a family pet and on the off-chance that the owner/s or friend/s of the owner/s read this. In which case, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

18-10-2010 01:20 PM

What a shame. Its highly likely the cat died fairly quickly or wouldn't have been aware of what had happened. It was very nice of you to take the trouble and I'm sure it will be appreciated.

taniajoyce

21-10-2010 02:10 PM

I just come across your post by typing 'Lost cat in SE23' into Google and unfortunately this cat sounds just like mine (I live on Tatnell Rd).

My cat, Sim, was last seen on Monday 18 Oct and I've just been making posters and leaflets today in an effort to find him. I have attached a poster for you to look at - please would you let me know if you think the cat was Sim? I need to tell my two young children, but want to make sure first...

If you would like to contact me about this my number is 07963 345 221.

I really appreciate you posting this information - it was really kind of you. It's really upsetting, but it's better than not knowing....

Tania

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

shzl400

21-10-2010 05:31 PM

Do hope that it's not Sim in this case and that he turns up. If the quality of the poster is any measure of how likely it is, it would be a cert - definitely a cut above the average!

roz

21-10-2010 06:45 PM

I hope its not him too. He looks a lovely mackerel tabby. I've lost a couple of cats, one, also the same colouring, in a bad road accident, so appreciate how you must feel but as you say, better worth knowing than not.

taniajoyce

21-10-2010 07:47 PM

Thanks for the last posts - although I wish it wasn't Sim, I feel that it is. He would never stay away from home in this cold weather. I may put up a few posters just in case...

Dillwihs

22-10-2010 12:43 PM

Do hope its not your Sim and that they find the owners of the poor cat. It break my heart to see that accident !

taniajoyce

22-10-2010 09:14 PM

Thanks for your message - I put posters up and got a call tonight from someone else who witnessed the aftermath of the accident. She also thought it was Sim. And he hasn't come home, so it looks like it was him. I would like to know what happened to his body but that wouldn't change anything. We miss him so much.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields