SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next > Last »
Family Allowance Cuts
Baboonery

14-10-2010 10:49 AM

mljay: Thanks for the revelation that the last Labour government invented the benefits system. Could you possibly tell me how unemployed people managed before that time. Say, in the early 1980s when there were rather a lot of them?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ForestHillier

14-10-2010 10:54 AM

So Mljay - what do you do for a living ??

Where are all these jobs as it has been reported that the Con/Dems cuts will put another 1million on the dole

Try watching " The Boys From The Blackstuff " which is being repeated on BBC 4 on Sunday evening, that will show you the utter despair of being out of work in a Town/City where there is nothing, we are lucky that we live in one of the biggest capital cities in the World, so employment is maybe just that bit easier to get than in rural places

brian

14-10-2010 11:14 AM

Roz as usual your comments are racists and biggoted.

My comment would only be racist if all the people claiming unemployment benefit in Lewisham were White. I would imagine that is far from the truth so how could my comment be racist.
I strongly object to being called racists when my comments were not at all racists.
The question had been there are no jobs. Simply commented that whenever I go to our local hospital ( which is a great place ) all the cleaning staff seem to be from Francophone Africa. How is this at all racists.
Why are these people here working when unemployed Britons , of all races , cannot get employment.
We must be on the only country in the world where if one made comments about immigrants taking jobs that locals could do would be considered racists.

Baboonery

14-10-2010 11:19 AM

We must be on the only country in the world where if one made comments about immigrants taking jobs that locals could do would be considered racists.

What makes you say that? It can't be evidence, because we know you don't bother with that sort of thing. So I'm confused.

brian

14-10-2010 11:22 AM

Well I look forward to you naming one.

Also challenge anyone to point how my Statement is Racist.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

14-10-2010 11:23 AM

Brian, how do you know the 'Francophone Africans' aren't British, since you also rightly state that British people can come from all races?

brian

14-10-2010 11:37 AM

I agree there is a posibility , but in that case I am wondering why we are giving citizenship . We have no historic connection to these countries and not part of EU.

I could understand if Nigerian , Ghanian , Sierra Leonan, Gambian , Namibian , Swazilander , Lesouthan . South African , Zimbabwian , Zambian , Malawian , Tanzanian , Kenyan or Ugandan ( apologies to any who I have missed ).

ForestHillier

14-10-2010 11:48 AM

I would blame our forefathers for taking over all these countries in the 1st place

Baboonery

14-10-2010 12:02 PM

Brian, your 'Have you stopped beating your wife' logic is beneath even you. The same arguments surface in every country. I instead challenge you to back up your baseless claim that they do not. By the way, I'm still waiting for your supporting evidence from that other thread.

Also note that, despite your shameless aspersions against me on other threads, I have not called you a racist at any point in this discussion.

You are a troll, and I hereby complain to admin about your continued presence on this forum.

mljay

14-10-2010 12:09 PM

mljay: Thanks for the revelation that the last Labour government invented the benefits system. Could you possibly tell me how unemployed people managed before that time. Say, in the early 1980s when there were rather a lot of them?

I did not say they invented the system... however, they did change the system to make it easier not to work

Baboonery

14-10-2010 12:13 PM

Really? Do go on.

brian

14-10-2010 12:26 PM

Roz called me a racist and you seemed to concur. Apologies if I misunderstood.

Problem with this site it does not seem to represent the views of many people I meet in SE23. I am often commenting on how rightwing some peoples views are especially the over 70's ( I doubt if many of them on this site ).
My views are the same or to the left of most persons I know and I know many people

Baboonery by all means insult me if you feel better by doing so.

You were refering to another post in which I mentioned despite the Bundesrepublik having 20 million more citizens less than half the number we have on disability. Is that offensive??

May your Gopd Bless you Mr Baboonery

Baboonery

14-10-2010 12:28 PM

May your Gopd Bless you Mr Baboonery

Troll.

Forums generally don't represent the views of people who don't visit them, Brian, that's the way it works.

No, I wasn't referring to that post at all. Stop making things up.

ForestHillier

14-10-2010 01:12 PM

Sp Mljay - what is your occupation ??

brian

14-10-2010 05:15 PM

You have my symphathy Mr Baboonery , you obvioulsy have a troubled life but I will not insult you but just wish you all the best and may God, look after you.

jon14

14-10-2010 05:41 PM

Baboonery wrote:
Brian, your 'Have you stopped beating your wife' logic is beneath even you. The same arguments surface in every country. I instead challenge you to back up your baseless claim that they do not. By the way, I'm still waiting for your supporting evidence from that other thread.

Also note that, despite your shameless aspersions against me on other threads, I have not called you a racist at any point in this discussion.

You are a troll, and I hereby complain to admin about your continued presence on this forum.

Trouble is Baboonery, this is the pot calling the kettle black. You accuse mljay of saying that the last Labour government invented the benefits system, when he did no such thing. You knew he didn't mean that and yet, rather than responding to the point he did make (with which you're quite entitled to disagree) you deliberately exaggerate one that he didn't, asking how people possibly coped in the 1980s. You did it to provoke him into an emotional response.

What's that called again? Oh yeah, trolling! Well, at least you and Brian can troll together!

mljay

15-10-2010 09:29 AM

Sp Mljay - what is your occupation ??

What is yours - and everyone else's on this forum? Why do you need to know.

Is it because I hold views contrary to yours?

ForestHillier

15-10-2010 09:50 AM

Not at all Mljay - was just curious

My occupation is that I work for a major media publishing company - not far for London Bridge

ryananglem

15-10-2010 10:42 AM

Im guessing that all these arguements about race stem from the fact that brian was chatting to a French speaking person at Lewisham hospital and determined that they were not from northern Africa, but rather western Africa, had not recently moved from France where they or their family were born and also had no family in the UK. By dint of the fact they were working, he determined they were not asylm seekers but he didnt enquire if they had had an application for asylm approved recently. He then asked about the cleaning staffs citizenship application process and found that that they had all been given citizenship based on the cleaning jobs they obtained over white, locally born english speaking people, no? Perhaps I am overcomplicating a simple issue.

Baboonery

15-10-2010 07:30 PM

No, jon, I was making a point by the use of humour. There's a massive difference.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields