SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
London Evening Standard
Dylan

05-10-2010 03:28 PM

could not get the London Evening Standard in Sainsburys last night or Shepherds at Dulwich Village - phoned the ES and have been told they are not delivering to SE23 SE6 or SE13 anymore nearest distibution point to us is New Cross!!!!
Have been told by retailers they have to pay the ES to stock it now? surely Sainsburys can afford to pay to have a distribution point as you invariably buy something else when you collect it!
so if you are getting off the train from town at FH station please please recycle your unwanted ES by putting it in the empty METRO box as you exit.
after all its all good recycling for the environment I can see myself at the station going down the bins for discared copies how sad is that.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

05-10-2010 03:59 PM

I use the ES blackberry and iPad edition :D
Still get mine lol

That does seem daft though, but thats the prob with a free paper.

rshdunlop

05-10-2010 04:21 PM

Snazy - how do you find the ES ipad app? Worth getting?

I have The Times app which has been dismal and full of bugs but it shaping up very nicely now.

Dylan

05-10-2010 04:29 PM

I wish it wasn't free because before I could buy it anywhere at anytime, but some Russian oligarch with more money than sense decided to buy it up!

its discraceful that London hasn't got a decent evening newspaper! i remember the good old days when you had the London Evening News as well as the Standard. Cheerful paper sellers that would work in all weathers, you would get to know them and were a part of London, not just in the City but the suburbs as well.

Snazy

05-10-2010 04:33 PM

The iPad edition is quite simple really. Straight forward interface, and been bug free to date. Now in any way a replica of the newspaper itself, but still full of stories and broken down into catagories.

PS, its free, so well worth having lol.

The BB edition is even nicer as its smaller, and for Facebook users its simple to share stories etc too. As it is with iPad edition too.

I do get the impression that papers are slowly becoming a thing of the past now, and as more people carry smartphones, so the usage will change.

nevermodern

05-10-2010 06:08 PM

If it's anything like the iPhone version, there'll be barely any London stories at all.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields