SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade
jgdoherty

24-07-2012 04:06 PM

Have received this interesting e-mail from BT in last day or so - please go to the end of the quoted section to read further.

"Dear BT Infinity Customer,

We hope you are enjoying the benefits of your superfast broadband, but how would you like to have a free upgrade to even faster speeds up to as fast as 300Mbps, free of charge for up to 6 months?

We are looking for Customers to trial our new Infinity higher speed products and provided you agree to re-contract for 18 months with BT on Infinity 100Mb (Option 3), all you need to take part is:-

· Be an existing BT Infinity Customer with a Fibre optic connection to your home.

· Be willing to provide feedback about the service

We are trialling 2 new higher speed products, at either 160Mbps or 300Mbps.

· The trial is only open to customers who re-contract to BT Infinity 100Mb with BT for 18 months. By accepting this invitation to join the trial, you are agreeing to a new 18 month contract and an order being placed to increase your speed to one of the above trial variants.

· We will send you our standard terms and conditions which do not extend the 18 month contract term or incur any additional price. The additional speed is free during the trial and you are free to leave the trial at any point.

· If you are currently an Option 2 (80Mb) customer, you will be upgraded to Option 3 at £35 a month and we will provide you with one of the faster speeds above.

· If you are already on Option 3 (100Mb) there will be NO change in price to take part in the trial. Please note that you do need to still continue paying for the underlying 100Mb product, it is only the additional speed which is provided free.

· The trial is expected to run until the end of the year, and you will be contacted before the end of the trial to discuss your options once the trial has ended."

This all sounds superb but the difficulty is that my existing FTTP 40mbps service is still performing in a fractious fashion.

It drops out pages and performance slumps to levels where I cannot even stream the BBC IPlayer (video or radio) for about 20% of the time

BT have installed a robot in my home and have discovered that there are problems within their own network after my routers etc make connection at the exchange end. For the techies there is a significantly higher level of malformed frames inside the BT network.

BT have not as yet settled on a permanent solution.

So there is the new problem - jump and try the new 300mbps and hope the network issues go away or persist with what I have until BT sorts the problem out.

Time for a cold beer in a padded room - or maybe I will put my dilemma to the BT tech team that is trying to solve the problem.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade - jgdoherty - 24-07-2012 04:06 PM