SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade
jgdoherty

10-05-2012 09:52 AM

A correction for BarCar

I can confirm that the data supplied was last updated by BT Openreach in December 2011 (so just over 5 months old).

However their last report shows the majority of postcodes covered by LSFOR (the Forest Hill Exchange) to be in Phase 5b with the only exemptions listed as SE23 codes that have no phase allocation at all.

I cannot find any detail as to over what period of time Phase 5b is planned to be undertaken, however it is a fairly firm assumption that BT continue to launch within LSFOR on a cabinet-by-cabinet basis for FTTC and on a postcode basis for FTTP (cabinets do not play a part in this type of service) . They do not seem to publish a programme that provides the granularity of when any individual postcode or cabinet will be activated. However given that BarCar's postcode is allocated to Phase 5b there is some re-assurance, however faint, that at least you will be connected.

Therefore the most up-to-date check on a regular basis that can be made continues to be on the BT website itself, where activation data seems to be updated as soon as a cabinet or postcode goes live. Whilst this page moves around on BT's site - it is currently displayed here.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/co...icId=25795

It may also be prudent to disregard the Phase 5c info supplied in my previous post.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade - jgdoherty - 10-05-2012 09:52 AM