SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade
jgdoherty

07-02-2012 11:43 PM

Well - I am now a fully fledged member of the fibre-to-the-premise BT Infinity superfast highway

However I must also confess that I have been proven wrong in three counts - two assumptions and one matter of fact.

The assumption that time was too tight and I expected my commissioning to be shunted further downstream - I got completely wrong - BT got everything together, turned up early Monday morning, installed the optical fibre termination kit and modem and hey presto - light speeds were delivered.

Speculation that excavations were being packaged seemed inaccurate as my dig team said they had no further work adjacent to my property.

They completed my work, loaded their pick-up and hitched up their compressor and drove off round the corner only to return two minutes later to my neighbour's house and set themselves up all over again. Seemingly their job list and sat-nav system had a disagreement - oh how my neighbour and I laughed.

Any assumption that I had leap-frogged my neighbour's installation also proved inaccurate - they withheld their agreement from BT on the proposed cable route and consequently where precisely the trench would be dug. This led to BT deferring the dig phase until another site visit could be conducted.

The drive-round-the corner-and-return team resolved the matter quickly and had the trench dug, back-filled and reinstated in jig time.

For any BT managers seeking feedback - both digs and re-intatements were each done in under four hours. Olympian by any measure.

Long awaited but so far very impressive - I am running at within 5% of the guaranteed speed - but then BT needs to deliver the guarantee.

Perhaps the only real issue is - can I type fast enough to keep up with my high-speed Infinity.

This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 11:47 PM by jgdoherty.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade - jgdoherty - 07-02-2012 11:43 PM