SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade
jgdoherty

02-02-2012 08:47 PM

BT have now over-run their original commission date by twelve days and whilst I have been offered 6 February as the revised date - the dig-up team only arrived today.

They confirm completion by tomorrow morning at which point another engineer will return to lay the fibre optic cable, just in time for the final engineer to come on Monday, fix the termination box, connect the modem router and commission the installation.

All seems a little tight time-wise and I will not be surprised if I am called by BT on Friday and given a later commission date.

I speculated about the possibility that BT are packaging the excavation work into small batches of adjacent properties - I can confirm that this is not the case.

My neighbour had an earlier install date than me, but the dig-up team advise that they have not been instructed to install his duct - nor for the other neighbours that I saw being surveyed. So it might be the case that I have leap-frogged the others.

So make or break time tomorrow - will their long awaited plan come together so that the commission can be completed on Monday or will I get another call deferring the work ?

Anyone else experiencing unexplained delays on FTTP installations ?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade - jgdoherty - 02-02-2012 08:47 PM