SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade
jgdoherty

24-01-2012 12:43 PM

Hi Londondrz

Virginmedia announce in recent weeks that they were beginning the roll out of major upgrades to their network.

I have no firm information on their activity in Forest Hill but perhaps their engineers have been running intermittent trials based upon their recent promise to double speeds for ALL UK customers by February 2012.

For more permanent upgrades, no doubt they will publish data on their web-site.

During BT's long running saga of upgrade, I have also seen short periods of meteoric increases in BT's speed, sadly only too short lived before it crashed back to normal. Mind you it is worth saying that on the old copper broadband side they have incrementally moved the speed to a consistent 12.5 ish mbps in recent months without the obligatory slump in performance.

I have speculated about whether this reflects greater numbers of users in FH moving to the Infinity network and thereby reducing contention issues and improving performance for those of us yet to convert.

I find that Speedtest is usually very reliable too.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade - jgdoherty - 24-01-2012 12:43 PM