SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade
jgdoherty

12-10-2011 03:30 PM

Hi

I see your Netgear WNDR3700 is dual band - compared with the HH3 which I only discovered yesterday is not.

I have seen the HH3 installed in two new locations and have to say that the range in its coverage is impressive compared with other "n" class routers. It effectively reached internal blind spots in multi-storey buildings thereby eliminating them. Have not observed the HH3 over any lengthy period of time, therefore cannot provide any insight on its reliability.

What DSL modem do you currently use to connect the Netgear to ?

No doubt the HH3 probably will be a good piece of back-up kit, unless of course you want to dispose of it.

As far as the Netgear dual band is concerned does the router and the connected kit have to be manually configured to use the alternative band or can they be set to automatic and switch if the 14 Channels in the 2.4Ghz band are congested ?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade - jgdoherty - 12-10-2011 03:30 PM