SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade
jgdoherty

02-02-2011 09:56 PM

This last week has seen some ups and downs on performance across the area served by the Forest Hill exchange.. After some gradual increases in performance from December, in the main it all slipped back to lower levels in January - with some significant increases in the drop-out frequency.

There also seems to be a dividing line along the approximate axis of the Honor Oak to Sydenham railway line, where properties north of that axis enjoy a much higher level of performance than those of us who are to the south. This can be the difference between getting 7-10 mbps and 13-15mbps on properties equidistant from the exchange on Stanstead Road.

A satisfactory delivery of the FTTC upgrade programme continues to elude BT.

Whilst I have to concur that there is a lot of pavement markings showing where BT intend to lay the new fibre cable and fit new cabinets, there is no corresponding evidence that actual installation work is making any progress.

Once more for both FTTC and FTTP - it is all jam tomorrow and I have an increasing sense of mis-placed optimism in that I am still keeping my toast warm.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: BT Broadband - Forest Hill Exchange Upgrade - jgdoherty - 02-02-2011 09:56 PM