SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Devonshire Road - commotion
monakot

28-10-2010 08:50 PM

I noticed a couple of police cars and lots of young kids in front of the estate where Devonshire Road joins Ewelme Road. They were making a lot of noise before the police came. Anyone know what's going on? It's rather disconcerting.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

29-10-2010 07:14 AM

I used to reside opposite the estate in Devonshire. In 80's could be noisy but laterly with new entry phone etc and many flats being sold much quieter.

Sorry about noise. I do hope only isolated incident

Cidered

29-10-2010 09:42 AM

Possibly some pre-Halloween nonsense? It's a 'festival' which seems to encourage pretty nasty behaviour in a few of our 'yoot'.

Fish Face

29-10-2010 03:01 PM

There is a 'gang' that seem to enjoy frequenting the corner of Benson road off Devonshire Road. The police occasionally are called in when it gets rowdy but more often that not it's just shouting, pushing and posturing although their loud violence related 'chat' is more than a little disconcerting for us living close by.

monakot

31-10-2010 07:47 PM

Speaking with friendly neighbours it appears that this commotion may be a one-off - essentially, a party that got somewhat out of hand. Eventually 5 or so police vehicles arrived to move the participants along. At any rate, it does not provide a nice backdrop to hear shouting, screaming and the odd bang when one is trying to have a relaxing evening in an otherwise pleasant and peaceful road to live in.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields